• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to Add Images

How to Add Images 15 years 11 months ago #749

You can images anywhere on your site as well as within blocks. Here's how.

1. In the body area click the Image button
2. Click Browse Server in the window that pops up. If it doesn't popup, make sure it's not already on your taskbar at the bottom of your computer.
3. You can change your directory here to where you want it, probably in images. (Upload images to a slide show folder if you're going to make a slide show.)
4. Click Browse at the bottom of the popup and select your image.
5. Click Upload.
6. Now your image is uploaded you will see it listed up top. If you want you can click on it, then resize it at the bottom of the popup.
7. Click Add next to the image.
8. If you have text in the same block, or on the page with this image, select the alignment.
9. Click ok

Animated Tutorial Added: www.homeinspectorpro.com/Home-Inspection...pection-website.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Last Edit: by Dominic Maricic.

Re: How to Add Images 15 years 11 months ago #750

• Russell S. Spriggs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Russ & Jeanne, Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors
  • Thank you received: 0
That's great instructions, & much appreciated, Dominic.
My challenge is that I don't know where it's gonna go, or what to do with it when I've gotten to the last step.
Fortunately, I clicked Preview instead of submit, so I wasn't just stuck with it any old where.
I guess I'm still where I was, a few days ago, when I didn't  - and still don't - fully grasp the whole Block thing.

As you can see, I've really been working on my site, but doing everything BUT blocks.

Just like HIP, I'm a problem child in the beginning, but turn out to be a staunch advocate when it all sinks in . . .!

Russ Spriggs, Certified Master Inspector
NACHI Idaho Chapter President
EMAILS ONLY- No PM's, please!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Link #1:
Spokane and Coeur d'Alene Mold Testing
www.cdaInspector.com
Mold testing and inspections in Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Sandpoint, Post Falls and...

Re: How to Add Images 15 years 11 months ago #751

Im assuming you're talking about adding it to a block rather than just a normal page body. The animated block tutorial will be out tonight which should help it sink in.

When you click on blocks you see markers on the screen for the regions you can add a block to like the sidebars, header, footer and ome themes have more. Once you've added the block and your on the page that lists all the blocks you use the dropdown box to the right of the box to choose where it will appear. The weight determines the order with -10 first and 10 last.

Hopefully this will be much clearer soon!

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add Images 15 years 11 months ago #803

One comment, Dominic, is that the image popup window does not work right with Safari.  The Browse button is not displayed.  I had to switch to Firefox, and even then it didn't work every time.

Julian

Title: Halcyon Home Inspection
URL: www.halcyonhomeinspection.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and surrounding areas of Sonoma County, CA.
URL Path:Santa-Rosa-Home-Inspection.html

Re: How to Add Images 15 years 11 months ago #806

There are some addons to firefox that prevent the browse button from appearing. Make sure you have any plugins disabled. I'll have to check out the safari issue.

The next version of the file browser is supposed to come out in the next two weeks or so and is flash based which will make it work in any browser without issue.

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add Images 15 years 11 months ago #809

I forgot to mention that clicking shift-refresh and then clicking on image again will force the browse button to appear. Also make sure you don't have the popup already open but minimized.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.