• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Google analytics

Re: Google analytics 15 years 8 months ago #1746

Lots of link swapping. With new domains it can take a few months before they start crawling your site. The more you trade links though, the more often they will scan your site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Google analytics 15 years 8 months ago #1783

What is crawling?  How do I recognize it?  Is it good or bad?

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Google analytics 15 years 8 months ago #1791

Crawling is what it's called when the "Spiders" (computer program) from the search engines traverse your site looking at all the pages on your site. Definitely a good thing :D

Dominic Maricic

Re: Google analytics 15 years 8 months ago #1869

Hi Dominic,
I added the block as you mentioned for google analytics and I still get a message on their site saying tracking not installed. Any idea why?

Re: Google analytics 15 years 8 months ago #1870

Hey Daren,

Whenever you are adding straight code, whether html or javascript to a site page or block, you have to click on the Source button first and then paste it. You pasted it directly into the body so it was treated like normal text. You also had it placed in the footer region which actually doesn't exist on the theme you're using (you see a yellow block with the name of each available region when you click on blocks).

I've fixed it for you, so browse around your site a bit and check Google Analytics in an hour or two.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Google analytics 15 years 8 months ago #1871

Thank you for the fix. I had placed it as text on the bottoms of all the pages before I saw the posting. Then I took all that out and created the block for the footer, having no idea that my template has none. And I tries over and over to get it into the Source area, It kept giving me the same spot to place the text so I thought I was doing it right. Oh well.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.