• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report

New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report 15 years 2 days ago #11979

I revamped my NOVAhi Report to more align with ASHI Standards. It is a “SYSTEM by SYSTEM” type of reporting template.  I’ve find it to be the easiest and simplest method of reporting. I still inspect room by room—but I document findings in the respective section and not a specific room. For example: an electrical deficiency in the kitchen—would be listed it in the Electrical section and I indicate that it was found in the kitchen. Same with plumbing, and so on.

The Sample Report was accomplished with this template.  Appreciate any ideas.
Thanks.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victor C. Martiny and this user have 2 others thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
www.novahomeinspection.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by Serge DelHoyo.

Re: New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report 15 years 2 days ago #11980

Just to be clear, ASHI (or association or state but Texas) doesn't care if you do room by room , or system by system, so I'm assuming you mean the items that are reported on?

I've always heard from guys that agents tend to like the system by system the best as it's easy to hand off a page to the electrician, plumber, etc but that it was harder when inspecting on site because you're jumping around. Are you doing your report at home? I could see at home how it wouldn't matter as much.

The report looks good! Another great template and example, thanks Serge!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report 15 years 1 day ago #11985

You're right Dom. What I meant to say is the my "Section" and "Item" names are more in line with Standards.  I tried to keep the overall number of Sections down, and the Item name(s) more along the ASHI Standards

I do not have the agents in mind as I design the template--just making sure I "describe" what I'm supposed to, and I "inspect" what I'm supposed to.

I do write my report at home.  We all know the pros and cons of doing so--but it works for me--for now.

Thanks.

Serge Delhoyo
NOVA home inspection LLC
www.novahomeinspection.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report 15 years 1 day ago #11995

Hey Serge,

Sounds good. I really like the layout. I actually printed it out last night so I can take it with me to NC & SC next week with some of my other sample reports. Thanks!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report 14 years 11 months ago #12180

• Scott Widick
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Now thats thinkin with your dipstick Jimmy!
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Serge,

Great report. Nice layout. Thanx for sharing. ;D

I do my reports from home. I have been considering buying the new laptop that Dominic has been talking about that operates on LINUX. I will have to wait and see when it gets tested by him.

SPACE EXPLORATIONS, LLC
www.sehomeinspection.com
Monument, Castle Rock, Lone Tree, Pueblo,Clorado Springs
Last Edit: by Scott Widick.

Re: New NOVAhi Residential Template and Report 12 years 9 months ago #42278

Serge, how were you able to format your documents in your sample report template?  Using the document maker in HIP seems to be very dificult and time consuming, if not impossible, to get formatted documents in your report such as you have.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.