• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I hate to keep beating on this, but

I hate to keep beating on this, but 16 years 1 month ago #377

I am trying to see if the template editor can, again, be massaged.  I started to make my custom template over again using the new blank template.  I listed my 20 or so menu items in the left side of the editor knowing that I could re-arrange them later.  When I finished and BEFORE I started adding panels to each menu item on the right I tried to re-arrange the menu entries.  I thought that we could drag them into position, but when I drag one up to arrange it, the menu item does not stay and just returns to its position.  Therefore I cannot re-arrange without deleting them all and entering them in the correct order hoping that I do not forget one and have to start over again.  We need a way to be able to re-arrange these menu entries.  Then, I forgot to make a sub-menu that all of these menu items can go under so that they are not spread across the top of the toolbar and truncated.  In this way, the name of my custom template will only show on the toolbar and then when I click on it, I get the drop down with all of my sub-menu items listed of which I can select.  We need a way to be able to add a custom menu item under the menu of the blank template and then be able to re-locate all of the other menu items that are listed under the one custom menu name.  In this way, if I goof and forget to do this, like I just have, I can go back and re-arrange without having to delete all entries and starting over.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: I hate to keep beating on this, but 16 years 1 month ago #378

Hi Bob,

You can rearrange everything, you don't need to delete anything. The problem was you didn't have menus.

With the blank template (or on any other template) you only see:

(Menu) <-This is the very root of all templates. It has no function but to hold all the menus that run across the top of the program             
            such as Interior, Exterior, etc.

You must add things to menu, which you did, you said you added 20.

(Menu)---
        ---Menu Across Program 1
        ---Menu Across Program 2
        ---Menu Across Program 3

You did 20 of the above. The above need to be told they are 'menu's across the program by clicking on one then typing something in the box below and adding something to it. Once you have added something that way, then you can drag something onto it. I have not found a way around this little quirk yet. So you can even added something called 'temp' to Menu Across Program 1 then drag all your other stuff to it.

So eventually you get

(Menu)---
        ---Menu Across Program 1 (i.e. Interior)
            --- Menu Item under Program 1, i.e. Kitchen, this becomes it's own page in the report.
            --- Menu Item under Program 1, i.e. Bathrooms, this becomes it's own report.
        ---Menu Across Program 2
        ---Menu Across Program 3

To recap. The Menu Across Program 1 does not allow anything to be dragged to it unless you 'add' something to it using the add button first. You can then drag as much as you want to it and rearrange everything. You can delete that first thing you added if you want.

Does this make sense?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: I hate to keep beating on this, but 16 years 1 month ago #379

Forgot to add. Once your Menu Across Program 1 has something within it, then it can be moved.

Dominic Maricic

Re: I hate to keep beating on this, but 16 years 1 month ago #400

Yes, Dominic, it makes sense and I have it all fixed correctly now.  Thanks.

Re: I hate to keep beating on this, but 16 years 1 month ago #403

Awesome. I'll edit the tutorial to try and make it clearer. I also need to spend some time on allowing dragging without the initial ad.

But, working on a few other surprises, coming soon!

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.