• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving Narratives from one template to another

Moving Narratives from one template to another 6 years 2 months ago #64179

I have been using a template that i have customized from one of the original residential templates in HIP. I also have the Narrative Template as well. I really like all of the choices in the Narrative Template but hate its layout on HIP Mobil. My question is.........is there any way to move the narrative comments into my residential template......do i need to move each one individually or is there a way to integrate these comments into my personal template???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moving Narratives from one template to another 6 years 2 months ago #64180

Kevin, open HIP twice side by side (see attachment), one the template to copy from and the another to copy to. Highlight the narratives you want to copy, select "Copy" and "Paste" to your residential template section.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dominic Maricic and this user have 1 others thankyou

Moving Narratives from one template to another 5 years 2 months ago #66218

i KNOW THIS PROBABLY SOUNDS DUMB, BUT AFTER HIGHLIGHTING THE NARRATIVES TO COPY/PASTE, RIGHT CLICKING DIDNT BRING UP A COPY, PASTE OPTION NOR WAS THERE ONE IN THE FILE OR EDIT CATAGORIES. DOES THIS STILL WORK IN HIP 5 OR...

Moving Narratives from one template to another 5 years 2 months ago #66223

Vincent, after highlighting the narratives and pressing Copy, are you going to the other screen, clicking in the space you want it, then pressing Paste? Sometimes it doesn't show up right away, so switch between selection panels.

Moving Narratives from one template to another 5 years 2 months ago #66247

There's also a Copy/Paste button along the top of the program you can use.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Moving Narratives from one template to another 4 years 5 months ago #66480

I know this is an old post, but can you tell me how to open two HIP templates side by side? I was just browsing and cam across this post. It sure would have saved me a lot of time. I keep not wanting to change what I have because I don't know how to do this smoothly. The "merge" option does not do what I want . Thanks

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.