• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Template files

Template files 15 years 9 months ago #1792

I have edited the default template and saved as it on my desk top . I need to transfer it to my laptop, but I am unable to find it in the data directoy. I open HIP and checked the template files, the template is listed in the program but I am unable to find on my hard drive. What do I need to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Template files 15 years 9 months ago #1793

Hi Richard. You have to copy the template to C:\Program Files\Home Inspector Pro\Data. You say you saved the template on your desktop. Did you save a Client Inspection on your desktop, or the template? To save the template on your desktop you would have had to gone to the previously noted directory and copied it there.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Template files 15 years 9 months ago #1794

I did find my template file. It took awhile, but I did find it in a hidden directory. I copyed the file back to the data directory in the HIP directory. I do not know why it was save there. I was able to copy file to notebook. I will try to save a new template file and see where it is saved. I will let you know what happens

thank you

Re: Template files 15 years 9 months ago #1795

Were you running on Vista? In Vista, if you haven't set the program to run in Administrator mode (which you should do, right click on the program icon, click on Properties, Compatability, Run As Administrator) then it will save all the files to the VirtualStore directory. It's Vista's way of handling program security. Within the program you can't tell the difference. If you run as administrator then everything will save where you would expect it to.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Template files 15 years 9 months ago #1796

Yes I am running Vista. I did change the program properties to Run as Administrator. My tempalte files are being save where they should be. Thank you for your time

Re: Template files 15 years 9 months ago #1797

Hi Richard,

Glad to help out. If you need anything else let me know. Nice to see you on the forum ;)

Dominic

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.