• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moisture stains

Moisture stains 14 years 4 weeks ago #30161

Home built in 2005, pored concrete foundation.

In the basement at the floor between the attached garage and basement there was discoloration and moisture readings above 30%.  The sump pump crock was dry and no moisture noted at walls, grading and roof drainage was good.

My thoughts are that the drain stacks were in close proximity and there may be a drain broken or improperly sealed under the floor, what are your thoughts?

Secondly, numerous stains at walls that were at seams, no active moisture. My thoughts was water was forced through when built and there may have been to much water in the mix.

What are your thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Moisture stains 14 years 2 weeks ago #30386

The port is right there.  A scope could be inserted to see if there is cracking inside.  Those typically turn at a severe angle just under the slab so it could have separated as it settled or whatever.  It could also be rising damp pressure from a rising water table.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.