• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Private Septic Tanks

Re: Private Septic Tanks 15 years 2 months ago #6893

Hi Jay,

Sometimes it felt like we were trying to bury a suburban in the front yard. Dealing with double driveways, RV parking, walkways and trees.

The septic tanks were sized by the size of the home, # of bedrooms and baths, max size of house 4,000 sf., this subdivision had sandy soil, no perc. test required, lots were about 75’x100’.

Plans had to go to building dept. as usual, and then due to the sewer system, Environmental Heath had to approve and sign off. The entire tract had to be dry sewer plumbed so when the City caught up to the tract they could hook in, someday and then abandon the tanks, probably never happen.

Sounds like you’ve had to deal with more complicated systems. Ours have always been gravity; those systems that pump the effluent are almost like a mini treatment plant. In that case there might be need of an inspector but the old gravity systems require you to pump them out and climb in to inspect the condition of the tank.

Jay, I agree with your post, just trying to have a little fun with this subject.

Sometime the affluent can become like the effluent. lol

Seeya,

Russ

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: McKee Home Inspection Services
URL: www.bakersfieldhomeinspector.biz
Body: Home Inspector Performing Inspections in Bakersfield California, Tehachapi, Rosamond, Ridgecrest,  and all areas of Kern County CA.
URL Path: McKee-Home-Inspection-Services.html

My Link Exchange Form:...

Re: Private Septic Tanks 15 years 1 month ago #8756

I wanted to let everyone know there is a certification available in PA for septic inspections. If any one wants any ifo on it the site is www.psma.net (Pennsylvania Septic Management Association), there is some good info there. It's a PA cert but it might be worth looking into.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

AJ - Anthony McCloskey - Hamburg, PA
A & V Home Inspections, LLC.
www.a-vhomeinspections.com
"Slow is smooth... Smooth is fast"
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.