• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: water pressure and flow testing gauge set

water pressure and flow testing gauge set 10 years 2 weeks ago #57339

Fellow inspectors,

I would like to purchase a new water pressure and flow testing gauge set. The one I have is very sensitive to getting out of calibration if it is bumped in the slightest. I would like to find glycerin or some sort of fluid filled. Any suggestions on where to find and purchase. Thanks.

Dave Caldwell
Caldwell Home Inspections, LLC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: water pressure and flow testing gauge set 10 years 2 weeks ago #57359

Just get a good oil filled water pressure gauge and expect to pay $15-$25 .  The flow reading means absolutely nothing.  The best way to measure flow restriction is at the bathroom.  Shower first and then opening the sink faucets and the flush the toilet.  You can see it any flow drop at the showerhead.  Many times the exterior hose bib being used is a direct connection before any PRV or it is on a very short run of pipe instead of going through the homes distribution system.  About the only time you are going to have a flow restriction is with galvanized pipes anyway.  JMHO.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: water pressure and flow testing gauge set 9 years 7 months ago #58467

David Caldwell, you can buy water pressure and flow testing gauge set from online plumbing service provider stores or from your nearby retail shop. Usually people don't purchase water pressure and flow testing gauge set and in fact I had also never brought it, as whenever I want to know my water pressure, I just give a call to plumber marlton nj team as I have made a regular plumbing inspection contract with them. They come to my house and take proper reading of water pressure and repair the water flowing pipes, if needed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.