• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT..

Re: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.. 11 years 2 months ago #51971

Okay... looks like we need some balance here...

Steven, I agree with you! I got's your back!!

This arguement is "Knob & Tube" all over again! ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.. 11 years 2 months ago #51974

no no didn't mean to be snippy, i get animated.

The grout was still chalky, and dropping a little water on it it soaks right in...

Consider this: the home was winterized and though the seller promised it would be dewinterised.. they didn't

visually noted piping to be galvanised - no i cant see if they did some in copper.
But i can reasonably ascertain they probably did not..

I also recommended that a licensed , qualified and competent plumber do further evaluation. So if they need to do a repipe.. should they leave tub that way??

Illinois- Tribuzio Home Inspection Services

www.thishomeinspector.com   (708) 453 8447

Home Inspection in Chicago land area and surrounding suburbs
Serving Chicago, Elmwood Park, Oak Park, Harwood Heights, Norridge, River Grove, Park Ridge and surrounding areas.

Re: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.. 11 years 2 months ago #51976

And that is about all you can say Joe.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.. 11 years 2 months ago #51979

If I was a flipper or owner, I would not spend $1000 or more to have the supply pipes or drain moved by a licensed plumber.  Not worth the money / profit to satisfy someone's opinion of right, wrong, or aesthetically pleasing to the eye. 

If I was doing the rehab, and if I could find the matching tile, I would probably change the risers to PEX and make sure the pipes and wall cavity are insulated and redo the height of the valves but install a new single that would have the balancing valve. 

Now if the pipes are readily available under the bathroom and there is access to the drain side wall, one could abandon the old plumbing and install a few tiles on that wall to take the place of the faucets, tub spout and shower pipe.  What was on the opposite side of the drain side wall?

Surprise, the home wasn't dewinterized.  Lol.  Time for a revisit and additional fee.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.. 11 years 2 months ago #51982

Stephen, who admittedly gets in the "mood to argue", is correct. A drain that leaks is a defect. A drain stopper that will not hold water is a defect. There are no defects here. There is unprofessional and shoddy workmanship here, but I wouldn't write that up in the report. I would probably tell the client in person, though.

I've seen hot on the right and cold on the left. Not a defect. Kind of dumb, but not a defect.

And look at the advantage. If the drain is where you sit, then when you let the water out you could give yourself a hydraulically pressurized enema  ;D

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: WELL THAT WAS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.. 11 years 2 months ago #51983

Joe, what kind of inspector are you anyway? you should tear out the tile and make sure it is waterproof concrete board behind it. And remove the tub to make sure it is completely and properly supported. Those supply pipes may be leaking inside that wall, so you should cut a few tiles out to examine the plumbing practice.

You could then just demolish the whole thing to scratch, and install a 15K dollar bathroom, all for the price of a hug!

Then you will be a true Mike Holmes Inspector, not the dummy who missed all that obvious stuff and greedily took client's money without doing your job!!  :P

And BTW, there is a defect....If you try to operate the water controls with your feet while there is water in the tub, then you could drown....safety hazard!!!

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...
Last Edit: by Michael Clark.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.