• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does anybody know what this is?

Re: Does anybody know what this is? 11 years 5 months ago #50767

I was being facetious  ;). It does look like some sort of access panel, but don't know why it's louvered. Could it be a fresh air intake of sorts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: Does anybody know what this is? 11 years 4 months ago #50913

Michael S qoute from above:
"I have never seen one covered by a panel and I don't think that a tankless water heater would fit inside of a stud bay with 2x4 framing and not be visible on the other side of the wall. Are you sure this is a tankless w/h?"

Mike, I'm quite sure it's a tankless water heater. Here is some further verification w/ pics. The photos attached are from a New Home Pre Move In Inspection. Look familiar? As you can see not much depth is needed inside of panel as shown in the pic with panel front removed. It's not very common even around here (good climate) to have it at exterior but I have seen it.

Out of curiousity, why did you post your question in the plumbing section of forum, if you didn't know what it was in your pic?
Attachments:

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...
Last Edit: by Joe Keresztury.

Re: Does anybody know what this is? 11 years 4 months ago #50931

Nice pic Joe!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.