• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: TPR Valve

Re: TPR Valve 11 years 9 months ago #48962

Good one, Stephen. I knew I was in trouble when the seller specifically asked me NOT to get a Home Inspection performed when my agent suggested it! Soon after moving in, I realized why-a couple examples: there is a flexible conduit coming out of my ridge vent, then secured to the top of a no longer used chimney stack. The wire runs in the flue, and is attached to a receptacle that was mounted in the fireplace ceiling (a sheet of plywood covering the flue). And a multi-receptacle strip, like for an entertainment center, hardwired to a receptacle by running the chord under wood plank paneling in a basement wall. 4 different places where a two pronged screw in receptacle was screwed into a light fixture, then extension chord plugged in and ran to a fluorescent light. Open splices for dishwasher and disposal. There is a bigger list-this is just a few! It's all been repaired now. I am planning on putting the house on the market the end of the month. All I have left to do is re-support the 16x32 deck that is being supported by leaning, rotten, pieces of telephone pole! Great examples of why EVERY home sold, owner financed or not, should get a proper Home Inspection. Harry Homeowner Repairs? Hardly. It's either Jack Legg Repair, Inc., or Cobble-up Construction! ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: TPR Valve 11 years 9 months ago #49167

Good post started here Mike. I also have a TPRV blog @:
www.jwkhomeinspections.com/blog-water-he...nio-inspections.html
I commented on your TPR valve blog on your site. If you want, comment on mine and mention Charleston WV and put a link for your blog- good for SEO, another link exchange method.
We terminate our TPRV drain lines here to the exterior within 6" of grade since WH's are usually in the garage. We don't have basements here , where I assume your sump pit is at. Actually that would be a good topic to mention if you comment in my blog about the difference of termination points. :)

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...
Last Edit: by Joe Keresztury.

Re: TPR Valve 11 years 9 months ago #49175

great points, Joe. I'll do it!

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.