• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Copper water pipe in dirt

Copper water pipe in dirt 12 years 7 months ago #43471

Calif.- Can a copper water pipe in a crawl space be laying in the dirt?

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Orange County Home Inspector serves Orange County California as a property inspector and I travel to L.A. San Diego and Riverside as well. I travel anywhere in the world as a Construction Defects Expert Witness, I also do Reserve Studies for HOA's. Licensed Gen Contractor, ICC Certified Bldg...

Re: Copper water pipe in dirt 12 years 7 months ago #43543

Dont think so, I think it should be hanging / properly supported.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Copper water pipe in dirt 12 years 7 months ago #43544

Acutally, I knew that. I guess I didnn't phrase my question well. My question is: can copper be in contact with the soil?

Thanks,

Mike

The Orange County Home Inspector serves Orange County California as a property inspector and I travel to L.A. San Diego and Riverside as well. I travel anywhere in the world as a Construction Defects Expert Witness, I also do Reserve Studies for HOA's. Licensed Gen Contractor, ICC Certified Bldg...

Re: Copper water pipe in dirt 12 years 7 months ago #43545

Yes.  There are a large number of homes with main copper water lines.  The big issue is usually where it enters the crawl space.  It cannot be in contact with the concrete foundation.  Buried in the dirt is fine.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: Copper water pipe in dirt 12 years 7 months ago #43547

Yeah we see a few houses around here with copper main lines.  I wasn't quite sure if you were talking about copper plumbing in general in contact with Earth or if plumbing in general was allowed to lay on the ground in a crawl.  I use to have a diagram around here that shows what materials were used for what purpose and at what point in time they were allowed. I'm someone around here will have it.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Copper water pipe in dirt 12 years 7 months ago #43556

• Richard Overton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lets not forget the 10' of copper pipe in the ground that can be used as part of the electrical grounding system.

Copper in the dirt of a crawl space- is it a safety hazard? is it subject to physical damage? My favorite -actually from the Plumbing code, is it "installed in a workman like manner" If I saw something like that, I would pay extra attention to other aspects of the plumbing system simply because what you are describing is so out of the ordinary

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.