• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: pressure relief valve and Gas Line

Re: pressure relief valve and Gas Line 12 years 7 months ago #43408

Yes, it was on the hallway closet. the situation is no pressure relief valve/ pressure release pipe? or no other problem for WH?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Kyu Hwang Chung.

Re: pressure relief valve and Gas Line 12 years 7 months ago #43409

Okay, that explains why the Watts valve was used instead of a TPR.

So the only question that remains is, was the fuel line run properly? If so, my only comment would be about the poor workmanship of installing the fuel line itself. Too long, and should be properly secured. Google CSST for a installation manual. Keep it in your files for future use and reference.

Okay... I'm outta here for tonight. If you have more questions, I'll be back tomorrow, if someone else doesn't get to it first.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: pressure relief valve and Gas Line 12 years 7 months ago #43422

Thanks for your advise.
I just want to know, this installation has no longer safety issue for the water heater.
I attached more detail picture.
Please advise..
Thank you !

Last Edit: by Kyu Hwang Chung.

Re: pressure relief valve and Gas Line 12 years 7 months ago #43424

Kyu,

Okay, the gas line connections themselves look good. My only concern now is the length of the gas lines, and their looseness. If memory serves right, the individual lines cannot be longer than about 3 feet. If that checks okay, then that should be it for the gas lines.

Now... do we get into the plumbing lines themselves? Was there a 'water' pressure release valve installed? It may not be at the WH it self, and can be located at another location in the plumbing, but there are restrictions to that. Did you Google the Watts valve? There is usually an installation guide which would be a lot easier for you to see the diagrams and understand.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

www.JRJConsultants.net

Re: pressure relief valve and Gas Line 12 years 7 months ago #43427

First time, the WH has pressure release valve, but not have pressure release pipe. so I recommended install the pressure release pipe for safety reason.
The repair was done like that instead of pressure release pipe . other word, plumber installed 'watts valve' on the location for pressure release valve. I found no other pressure release valve and pressure release pipe.
I've 1st time seen like that installation and very confused.
I have to respond for the safety issue.
Please advise. Thank you !

Re: pressure relief valve and Gas Line 12 years 7 months ago #43430

Recommend a qualified and licensed plumber evaluate the system for safety concerns as there does not appear to be a plumbing pressure relief valve installed on the piping as required for use with a Watts 210-5 NG cutoff valve.

Jeffrey R. Jonas

www.JRJConsultants.net

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.