• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PVC pipe for gas line?

PVC pipe for gas line? 12 years 9 months ago #41979

Is PVC ok for gas line? I know it isn't but I gotta ask to be sure. It T's off from gas feed and then goes into slab and feeds to outdoor Bar-B-Q.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Orange County Home Inspector serves Orange County California as a property inspector and I travel to L.A. San Diego and Riverside as well. I travel anywhere in the world as a Construction Defects Expert Witness, I also do Reserve Studies for HOA's. Licensed Gen Contractor, ICC Certified Bldg...

Re: PVC pipe for gas line? 12 years 9 months ago #41980

They used to allow a yellow PVC for natural gas.  It was required to be completely buried.  They had special metal 90's that were attached to the end that would complete the portion as it exited the ground.  Of course plastic is the most common supply line to the meters nowadays but not PVC.

If it is just regular PVC or even schedule 40 I would call it out.  Even if it was the allowed yellow PVC, you would not have seen it since it must be completely buried.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: PVC pipe for gas line? 12 years 8 months ago #42258

Steve, I assume you are referring to CPVC, but either way Mike, PVC shouldn't be used. I know some areas allow copper for gas, but why do that either? I've never seen either around here for gas. Yes, I would right it up.

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...

Re: PVC pipe for gas line? 12 years 8 months ago #42269

Copper is allowed up here but it has to marked every 6 feet with yellow so as to indicate gas verus water.

Proudly providing home inspections services to Metro vancouver and the Fraser valley Area

A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.
Groucho Marx

Re: PVC pipe for gas line? 12 years 8 months ago #42270

Brian, you say up here, where is up here? ? ??? ? Shouldn't you let us know where up here is at, or add it to your post/ profile HIP info?

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...
Last Edit: by Joe Keresztury.

Re: PVC pipe for gas line? 12 years 8 months ago #42272

• Bert de Haan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm up here so that is probably where Brian is too.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.