• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: porch over well

porch over well 14 years 6 months ago #21287

Ok guys its my second post in 15 minutes. I know that as a home inspector we do not inspect wells. But my question is my client told me that the seller had built a four seasons porch over the top of the well. Is there anything that I am going to be able to comment on or look for in this problem. The porch is an addition to the double wide trailor home. He was concerned that if the well needs to be replaced he would have to take down the hole porch.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: porch over well 14 years 6 months ago #21294

Hi Mike,

I know that some guys do inspect wells but they might charge extra for it. Make sure to take lots of pictures so you can post them here if you have any questions.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: porch over well 14 years 6 months ago #21295

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
  • Thank you received: 0
And that is a valid concern. I have seen several instances where this was a problem. Once had a home with a crawlspace, and an addition with a basement that encased the well with 6' clearance. Ouch.

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...

Re: porch over well 14 years 6 months ago #21303

They should have built in an access, if not it shouldn't be to difficult to do. Some areas have to have there wells inspected on a regular basis.

Bent Nail Inspections
Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Caldwell and surrounding areas
Boise home inspector, boise home inspections, Meridian home inspector, Idaho Home Inspection, Nampa Home Inspector
Boise home Inspections   
www.bestboisehomeinspection.com/ ...

Re: porch over well 14 years 6 months ago #21626

I agree some wells do need regular inspections, adding an acess area with a skilled contractor should not be a problem.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.