• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you think this is

What do you think this is 14 years 10 months ago #14045

Hi Guys
Came across this today at the gas meter. I would say it is some kind of vent? Just kind of puzzled why it would go into the ground. Here are some pics.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Safe At Home Inspections,Inc.
Home Inspections performed in Darien, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Woodridge, Naperville, Aurora, and surrounding areas in Illinois
www.safeathomeinspect.com

Re: What do you think this is 14 years 10 months ago #14046

it is a samall piece of copper tubing running directly in to the ground
Attachments:

Home Inspections performed in Darien, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Woodridge, Naperville, Aurora, and surrounding areas in Illinois

Re: What do you think this is 14 years 10 months ago #14049

I don't see how it would be a vent as if it was turned on gas looks like it would flow through it. Was there a basement at this house?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: What do you think this is 14 years 10 months ago #14053

• Tim
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Hi Guys
Came across this today at the gas meter. I would say it is some kind of vent? Just kind of puzzled why it would go into the ground. Here are some pics.

link: www.timshomeinspections.com/
page title:TIMS HOME INSPECTIONS
description: Maryland Home Inspector providing inspection services in western Maryland, and the surrounding ares which include Washington, Frederick, Allegheny counties and some areas of Pennsylvania
keywords:licensed home...

Re: What do you think this is 14 years 10 months ago #14054

No a crawl Dom But I am pretty sure it is for the gas light out front I was not for sure. The lightr is not operating so the client will have to turn off the vavle because  I am not touching any gas valve. It is outside so and the house was a foreclosure so I am pretty sure it has been like that for awhile

Re: What do you think this is 14 years 10 months ago #14055

• Tim
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Look for an appliance that is connected with copper tubing
They may have added something like a gas grill, fireplace or space heater ( hopefully not in the garage)
Normally the only vent required is the one for the regulator, unless there is a gas appliance in a confined area with no grills or louvers.
The copper line should be painted yellow, not gray, this helps prevent accidental connections by plumbers.
You may want to find out if they had any appliances disconnected.

Good Luck
Tim

link: www.timshomeinspections.com/
page title:TIMS HOME INSPECTIONS
description: Maryland Home Inspector providing inspection services in western Maryland, and the surrounding ares which include Washington, Frederick, Allegheny counties and some areas of Pennsylvania
keywords:licensed home...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.