• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windows

Windows 15 years 7 months ago #2612

How far do you go on inspecting windows/screens/glass? I try to stick with the standard...."a representative number" and try not to do screens, but clients want you to open/close and check the tilt-out and broken seals on every window. I find it too time consuming, especially when you have a larger house with 20+ windows. Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Windows 15 years 7 months ago #2615

I will try to do every window, even if it is only to make sure it can be opened.  If it is not easy to access, then I will fall back on the "representative number" plan.

Title: Halcyon Home Inspection
URL: www.halcyonhomeinspection.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and surrounding areas of Sonoma County, CA.
URL Path:Santa-Rosa-Home-Inspection.html

Re: Windows 15 years 7 months ago #2631

If you're just doing a representative sample, make sure you state that in your intro or contract so it doesn't bite you in the butt later.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Windows 15 years 7 months ago #2635

I always have the "representative number" in the report, but I will just do them all if I can. 

Title: Halcyon Home Inspection
URL: www.halcyonhomeinspection.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and surrounding areas of Sonoma County, CA.
URL Path:Santa-Rosa-Home-Inspection.html

Re: Windows 15 years 7 months ago #2644

I try to do the windows, unless they are blocked by furniture or are otherwise locked.  I have the "representative sample" on the report.  I also have "Window screens not assessed" on the report, but will say if screens are missing or stored.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
Last Edit: by Jay Markanich.

Re: Windows 15 years 6 months ago #2887

I will attempt all windows as well.  I usually can get all windows.  I hope to never skip a window and then have it difficult to open for the little bugger trapped in their room during a fire.  Probably over-kill on my thought process but it's what I do.  I go around the room with my plug tester and test outlets/check windows.  My lifebook computer at the ready.  ;D

Greg Scheer
www.GCSHomeInspections.com
Body and Meta Description: Home Inspection and Thermal Imaging in Scranton, Montrose, Honesdale, Wilkes-Barre, and northeastern Pennsylvania. Call 570-504-8393
Meta: Home, Inspector, Montrose, Scranton, Thermal, Inspections
URL: Montrose-Home-Inspector.html...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.