• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: buying business and/or multi-inspector

buying business and/or multi-inspector 9 years 6 months ago #58718

Anyone have experience buying a home inspection business and/or having another inspector part of your business?  If so I'd appreciate being able to give you a call and pick your brain.  I'm looking at buying an inspection business in the area and would like some experienced thoughts on the process.  Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: buying business and/or multi-inspector 9 years 6 months ago #58721

How long as the business been around? Are you looking at merging with another inspector or are you just starting out?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: buying business and/or multi-inspector 9 years 6 months ago #58726

Who are you? What is your location? If you are not forthcoming with a ton more information, you most likely will not receive many helpful replies. We don't appreciate "secrecy" here. Demo Demo from Demo Land just doesn't cut the muster around here!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...
Last Edit: by Jeffrey Jonas.

Re: buying business and/or multi-inspector 9 years 6 months ago #58734

Don't know why it published as a Demo since I've been around HIP for several years:
Doug Diller, Goal Line Inspections,  www.GoalLineInspections.com   503-807-8353
I'm in Portland OR and looking to buy from a guy that has been doing it for 10 years and is moving on to a different type of business.  He has one employee doing the inspections for him.

Re: buying business and/or multi-inspector 9 years 6 months ago #58766

Hey Doug,

You need to log into the site with your account, you're on the test account.

What do you expect purchasing another inspection business will do for you if you're already established. Do you think the agents will call you since you have the same company name. Honest question, answer varies on how well established his business is and how he's got agents/clients tied to him vs business name.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: buying business and/or multi-inspector 9 years 6 months ago #58772

If another guys is doing inspections for me then I'd get a part of the fee so my gross and net revenue would go up.  Kind of the same concept as to why a plumbing or electrical company goes from a one man show to several trucks.  The head person usually does more management and the workers are in the field.

Also, it's kind of like a doctor or insurance agent who sells their book of business.  The new doc or agent coming in gets access to their past clients which really gives them a jump start.  Sure, some people will bail because they don't like the new style but a lot of people will stay.

Make sense?

Goal Line Inspections
fielding your inspection needs
www.goallineinspections.com
Serving: Portland, Gresham, Beaverton and the greater Portland metro area
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.