• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Radon

Radon 11 years 3 days ago #52902

Has anyone taken a radon meas/mitigation online course to recommend? I am wanting to get the ball rolling this week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Radon 11 years 3 days ago #52904

Don't you think you should keep the ball rolling on getting your marketing stuff in order (web site, reporting, message board profiles, appropriate email account name etc) before you start on some other kind of business to add on?

Can't tell where your at but around here there are dozens of "Free radon testing" companies. Is it really worth the time and equipment investment?

Call your State Radon Office and they can give you information on training info.

Home Inspector
HVAC Systems Design
ITC Level III Thermography - Building Science Thermographer
Thermal Imaging
Serving Clarksville - Nashville TN and the Mid TN area
www.MidTnInspections.com
www.ThermalImagingScan.com
To link to my pages:
www.midtninspections.com/link-submission

Re: Radon 11 years 3 days ago #52907

Message board profiles? Appropriate email account name? I work with 2 other inspectors. We contract out our radon measurement requests (3 last week) to someone else who we pay 80-100 dollars each time. I would rather have that money. Yes, I have heard of "free radon testing" companies but I have yet to hear of "free radon mitigation". I think concentrating on making money while furthering my education in the field trumps my message board profile.

Re: Radon 11 years 3 days ago #52908

So your a contractor, not an inspector?

Or are you going to Inspect, Test and Mitigate?
EPA recommends in their documentation that you do not do it all...

Just saying.

I comment about your lack of marketing information because I can't see where your from (and that makes a difference), trying to answer your question.
I guess the other Inspectors have that all covered for you.

I went to Auburn University for Radon Testing and Mitigation but that doesn't help me, help you if I know nothing about you and where your at.

Home Inspector
HVAC Systems Design
Thermal Imaging
www.MidTnInspections.com
To link to my pages:

Re: Radon 11 years 3 days ago #52909

Point taken. I updated my info.

I plan on doing measurement/mitigation for my partners inspection customers. I can see the conflict of doing it all on my inspections. Although it sure would be hard to refer them to someone else for mitigation when that is where the real profit comes from. Something to think about i guess. How do you do it? 2 separate businesses?

Re: Radon 11 years 3 days ago #52911

I only do mitigation these days on commercial buildings and schools. This is not the same as for residential.
Yes, it is not Home Inspection.

Be very careful of running two businesses under one name. You may not be insured, for one...

If you mitigate, you must also be qualified to test. But "testing out" a job is supposed to be done by a 3rd party tester (not your company under another name).

Most of these "Free Test" guys are after the Mitigation Bid as part of the (alleged) Free Offer.

Home Inspector
HVAC Systems Design
Thermal Imaging
www.MidTnInspections.com
To link to my pages:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.