• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is the difference between a Home Inspection and a Building Inspection

What is the difference between a Home Inspection and a Building Inspection 11 years 5 months ago #50775

Gentlemen,  without sounding completely stupid and it may be too late but what are the obvious differences between these two inspections. I’ve built both residential and commercial but have not taken on any building inspections because I just wasn’t sure I should. The differences in building the two are apparent. 

Pricing in Florida, what are others charging for Building inspections here? I imagine it will be based on SqFt like everything else, the general interior clutter or clearance (cubicle offices vs. warehouse space) and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What is the difference between a Home Inspection and a Building Inspection 11 years 5 months ago #50784

Check with your insurance company to be sure your covered.

Is the "building" for sale. If not, your insurance may not cover this. Ask first.

A Building Inspection is more than 4 units residential. Or, a commercial (non-residential) building.

Price?
I'm not from Fla.
It is highly dependent as to what your client wants.

Also, a lot more will be covered in the Building Inspection for which you are not licenced or qualified for in your state. It is your job to arrange these other inspections.
There are ASTM Standards for these inspections. The ASTM standards are protected by copyright laws which they strictly enforce. Please do not post copies of their standards on this website in which you do not have written permission from ASTM to share.
Contact and join NACBI if you want to get into this work. You will need the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Home Inspector
HVAC Systems Design
ITC Level III Thermography - Building Science Thermographer
Thermal Imaging
Serving Clarksville - Nashville TN and the Mid TN area
www.MidTnInspections.com
www.ThermalImagingScan.com
To link to my pages:
www.midtninspections.com/link-submission
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.