• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re-Inspection for Mold

Re: Re-Inspection for Mold 11 years 6 months ago #50447

not precisely, Dom. There are "fake" dormers on the roof, not accessible from the attic, and the leak is under one of the dormers. The shingling looks good, the house is only 3 yrs old. I suspect hard driving rain is penetrating the dormer windows (the house faces west). The roof is too steep to walk on. There is a heavy bead of caulk down one side of the dormer, the client's attempt to stop the leaking, but I don't think that's where the leak is. I believe even if I refund their full inspection price, they will still give me the "negative publicity". Maybe it would be better to give them their refund, keep my mouth shut, and hope for the best. That would be swallowing my pride, which is tough for the son of a drill instructor. :-X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: Re-Inspection for Mold 11 years 6 months ago #50459

Pride is one of the biggest problems when you're trying to deal with a pissed off client. It's up to you whether to refund the money or not but you have to treat them with the utmost respect, not by giving them 1/12 their money back! Just remember that they have a mouth too. Show them the pics you took, explain that everything looks fine visibly and then recommend a few roofers you trust (that won't throw you under the bus) to come look at the place and take care of them. That will go a long way.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Re-Inspection for Mold 11 years 6 months ago #50475

Exactly what I did, Dom. I actually sent them a copy of the contract(which they already have) with the section about roof leaks and latent materials highlighted, enclosed some additional pics that were not in the original report which showed the stained area before it was stained, a homeowner's manual, a tape measure with my logo on it, a letter apologizing for their newly found defect, and a check for the full price of the inspection. Kill'em with kindness?

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas

Re: Re-Inspection for Mold 11 years 6 months ago #50477

Perfect!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Re-Inspection for Mold 11 years 6 months ago #50478

shoulda sent them 1/12! >:( ;D

Re: Re-Inspection for Mold 11 years 5 months ago #50614

Did you get a release of liability when you refunded there money? You shouldn't refund money without them signing one.

Bent Nail Inspections
Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Caldwell and surrounding areas
Boise home inspector, boise home inspections, Meridian home inspector, Idaho Home Inspection, Nampa Home Inspector
Boise home Inspections   
www.bestboisehomeinspection.com/ ...
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.