• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: which organization?

which organization? 11 years 11 months ago #47912

I believe it would be wise to join NAHI, ASHI, or InterNachi. I am presently a member of our local state organization (West Virginia Association of Home Inspectors). Of these 3 "big dogs" which is most beneficial to join? They are all comparable in price, which seems rather expensive. The advantage I see by joining these organizations is being able to upload a cool logo to my website. A lot of you guys are members of 2 or all of them. Since I am on my 5th week without an inspections, the cost of joining is a major factor, I need to spend my money wisely. Any suggestions? :-\

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: which organization? 11 years 11 months ago #47917

Michael, when you purchase Home Inspector Pro you get a free year with InterNACHI. InterNACHI is great for online education, getting logos & brochures made for you and discounts from vendors. ASHI is great for live education at chapters and yearly conferences. They also have a name that's better known with agents. That's why a lot of guys belong to both. I don't know much about NAHI as I've been so involved with ASHI, NACHI, CREIA & AII that I haven't had time for another!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: which organization? 11 years 11 months ago #47918

okay, thanks Dominic. I had purchased a reporting software program a few months prior to connecting with HIP to host my website, otherwise I would have went that route. I do like the InterNachi in that they provide and require the monthly tests. And I have had the experience of a few agents asking me if I'm a ASHI member, so I may lean toward that as I continue weighing the benefits of both. Thank you for your input.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas

Re: which organization? 11 years 11 months ago #47920

<<<Attempting not to be biased>>>

Thoroughly read through the "Code of Ethics" of all three associations.

If you are paying attention, you will see at least one that you should avoid at all costs.

(Assuming you are an ethical inspector).

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: which organization? 11 years 11 months ago #47924

good idea, Jeff...I'll check out what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure my Inspection ethics are considerably better than my dating ethics (before I was married, that is!!)  ;D ;D

Re: which organization? 11 years 11 months ago #47929

This is like asking if you should be a Democrat, Republican or Independent.  You will find that the organizations also act the same way.  The organizations trash each other left and right.  And that is what I have told my clients on the very rare occasion I have been asked which organizations I belong to.

There are some geographical areas that are served better by ASHI.  They have branded well in those areas and the used house sales people are used to the organization.  ASHI has some name recognition and has some fine local meetings / conventions for continuing education.  BUT you pay dearly for those classes.

NACHI is the biggest in membership and only a few years younger than ASHI and NAHI.  They offer the largest amount of continuing education of any organization.  Hundreds of hours on just about every subject and free to members.  Most states accept their online courses for CE credits.  The message board is great if you ignore the political threads.

I can't speak on NAHI.  They have little presence in my State.

The question you have to ask yourself is:  What will I get out of membership?  If your state licenses home inspectors, and requires continuing education, free is better than paying and variety is better than the same old courses.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.