• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do you call out defects in your reports?

Re: How do you call out defects in your reports? 11 years 7 months ago #49665

I used AHIT software prior to HIP. I wish I would have just started with HIP. AHIT was a pain to update, slower to report and add pictures, and the reports took WAAAAAAAY longer to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LINK URL: www.el-paso-home-inspector.com
BODY: NACHI Certified Inspector. Home Inspections serving El Paso, TX and surrounding areas.
TITLE: FYI Property Inspection  
STATE:Texas
DESCRIPTION: Providing Home Inspections in El Paso, Canutillo, Horizon, Socorro, and Anthony, TX...

Re: How do you call out defects in your reports? 11 years 7 months ago #49671

Richard,

How long have you been using hip? 

I also started out using ahits computerized reports.  I was able to finish the ahit report a lot faster than I can the hip report. 
However I am still new to hip.  I've been using it for about 5 months now.  Business is so busy I still haven't had time to sit down and organize it. 

I am sticking with it because I think it puts out a superior report.  I am struggling to figure out how to stream line the report without compromising the quality my clients deserve. 

Jesus is coming again!!

Re: How do you call out defects in your reports? 11 years 7 months ago #49672

I have been using HIP for about a year, year and a half. Every report update your comments and simplify the data entry.
Start by batch loading all pictures after they have be correctly rotated (oriented). Enter findings, then start looking at photos and adding the comments that you have already entered in the report to the pictures. If you find a defect in the pictures not added yet, enter it. Then proof the report and send. Make sure to make any report updates and save template often. This makes every report from there on easier. I also use lots of drop downs in each section. Door(door defect drop down)(door location drop down). Example: Door is binding on the jamb in the master bedroom. Door lock is damaged at the front entry. Much easier to find door issues this way. Add a (door defect) or a newly needed location for doors on each report. I use a electrical location, roof location, structure location and plumbing location. Plumbing locations make it easier to find the common bathroom, without looking through roof locations.

LINK URL: www.el-paso-home-inspector.com
BODY: NACHI Certified Inspector. Home Inspections serving El Paso, TX and surrounding areas.
TITLE: FYI Property Inspection  
STATE:Texas
DESCRIPTION: Providing Home Inspections in El Paso, Canutillo, Horizon, Socorro, and Anthony, TX...

Re: How do you call out defects in your reports? 11 years 7 months ago #49676

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the info.  I haven't had the time to sit down and figure out how to use the drop downs yet.  It has been crazy busy.  Things will slow down this winter so I plan to get everything set up then. 

Have a great day!

Jesus is coming again!!
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.