• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inspection checklist/software and insurance - getting started

Re: Inspection checklist/software and insurance - getting started 12 years 4 months ago #45115

Insert Quote

Bruce sorry I made you mad enough to compare a sample report from years ago with what you perceive as yours being better ? to make a comparison as it does not represent anything being discussed here.
I imagine rather than actually describing items in material comments you have something like OK. sufficient,acceptable as comments over and over. ? If that works for you than fine but please stick to subject.

Saying that somehow a client wants less information is just silly and a way to justify not putting in the time for a quality report. These arguments have been used by Matrix report users way before this discussion ever started.

Home Inspector Pro has something called bookmarks and the fastest photo edit in the business so i am happy to include all that my clients want then some otherwise we could argue the internet has too much information also.LOL"

Bob I think you may have taken my last post differently than I intended. ? You said you needed extra photos to help you provide more material comments. ? I was unfamilar with the term so I went to the first website in your signature looking for a sample report to see if I could figure out what you meant. ? I found that you describe the material type of many components in a home. ? Not bad, just not something I think is useful if the component is funtioning correctly. ? You write your reports differently than I do. ? Neither good or bad, just different. ? I don't care what report software you use. ? It is a business decision. ? Its teriffic you like HIP. ? Gold star for you.

I don't make any mention of items if they are functional. ? I don't see a need. ? My state SOP requires I INSPECT a number of items and DESCRIBE a number of items. ? I have a list at the begining of each section stating I inspected the list of specific items. ? Then I describe the required items. ? Following is a list of defects. ? Then on to the next section. ? 

If you feel the sample report on your site is not a good representation of your work, then you might want to update your website with a better representation.

I don't think clients want lots of facts, I think they want pertinent information. ? I don't think describing as many components as possible, particuarly when they are functioning as intended, is a good use of my or the clients time. ? I believe they want a list of defects and an explanation how that defects effects the home. ? I don't want them to have to wade through any more report than is absolutely necessary. ? I try to spend my time and energy focusing on the defects, the reason they hired me. ? 

The internet does have too much information. ? ;D It is unverified and unreliable. ? But that is also its strength in allowing anyone to post anything they want. ? It opens the way for discussion without censure.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bruce Ramsey, ACI

Re: Inspection checklist/software and insurance - getting started 12 years 4 months ago #45118

Bruce, I am not telling you or Cameron how to do your reports however it would be a big mistake to think clients are not interested in anything not directly pertaining to the sale negotiations.

Clients are very busy trying to go through the whole process and miss or forget much that may help them including Location and size of the furnace filters which by the way I remind them to check once a month.

One of the reviews I have published actually directly mentions that they were to busy during the buying process to notice till after they moved in just how detailed my report actually was and thought of my report as a Bible for the property.

Clients can go back and view the tips and comments to assist then in the future.
One thing you guys forget is that very few people have our in depth knowledge and what to you may be unneeded may come as a blessing to a client who works in an office and never learned how to do much past changing a light bulb.

P.S you seem to want a job as a webmaster so how much you gonna charge me? :)

Anyway have a good night and I enjoyed the debate.(promise not to review your site unless asked) that would be rude.Did notice you use a inferior software for your reports however so I can understand the lack of detail....lol

Last Edit: by Bob Elliott.

Re: Inspection checklist/software and insurance - getting started 12 years 4 months ago #45119

Bob I think you may have taken my last post differently than I intended.

Best line in this whole string of posts. Hands down.

Bob, jokes are funny and you're right, this entire time I've really just been discussing the inadequacy of my Iphone.

Time to have a drink and re-read all this in disbelief.  ;D  Thanks for coming out folks, the next episode of Illinois Inspector Chat won't be for a few weeks as there is a mandatory period of mental rehabilitation necessary between shows.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com

Re: Inspection checklist/software and insurance - getting started 12 years 4 months ago #45120

Ha as always I say ha ha
Fun jousting as always.

Last Edit: by Bob Elliott.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.