• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents

Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents 12 years 5 months ago #44435

#1 Did an inspection about a month ago and buyer had a relative that is a so called engineer that stated there are large holes and damaged to portions of the sub floor. Buyer is calling in a SE and called me. All I see is the improper electrical splice that I called out as I have the same picture that she took and sent to me, and some imperfections in the joists.  Do you see something I don't?
See pics.

#2 Seller all pissy and leaves a nasty graham as buyer walked. (Getting somewhat used to this)

#3 Dual agent trying to talk seller into buying a house with major costs in electrical, waterproofing and making lite of potential asbestos. Buyer walked. (Used to this to)

Seems like buyers, sellers agents all want to vent/blame me for doing my job.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents 12 years 5 months ago #44439

Nothing wrong with those.  You could have had up to a 2.5 inch hole in an 8" floor joist as long as it is placed appropriately.  Real simple, they didn't want to buy the house.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents 12 years 5 months ago #44450

• Bill Warner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • There's a fine line between comedy and humor...
  • Thank you received: 1
Yup!

Ditto Steve's comment.

Bill Warner
Dayton Infrared Thermal Inspection
DaytonThermalInspection.com
Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections Serving Dayton, Cincinnati, and Greenville Ohio
For a Link Exchange please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. your info

Re: Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents 12 years 5 months ago #44451

Thanks for agreeing.  I still won't lift the curse.... ;D

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.
Last Edit: by Stephen Stanczyk.

Re: Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents 12 years 5 months ago #44452

After here call I was like what the heck. I mean out of office, 30+ inspections ago.

She stated in an email that there are big chunks missing and it is in these photos, I am like not sure what you are referring to. I had the one same photo as I used for the electrical splices outside of a box.

This house had major roof, water issues and that seemed to go on deaf ears, just like the electrical.

Thanks for confirming.

I have a few pics of water infiltration to sub floor at this home.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Sub Floor Joists/Sellers/Buyers/Agents 12 years 5 months ago #44456

• Bill Warner
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • There's a fine line between comedy and humor...
  • Thank you received: 1
I see a chunk missing out of one of the joists... but certainly nothing to be alarmed about.  Sometimes it's the seemingly stupid stuff clients worry about.  Too many emotions involved and clients get spooked over crazy stuff.  Some folks looked at my house over the weekend.  The dogs have worn trails in the yard around the corners this summer so I planted grass seed and covered it with a layer of potting soil to promote rapid growth.  Roped off the areas to keep the dogs out.  Potential buyers thought I had done some excavating and buried something there.  They got spooked over that and some typical slab cracks in the garage and decided to move on.  Sucks, but it happens.  The inspector is just easy to blame for everything.

Oh and Steve... don't make me beg... I'm already groveling ;D

Bill Warner
Dayton Infrared Thermal Inspection
DaytonThermalInspection.com
Infrared Thermal Imaging Inspections Serving Dayton, Cincinnati, and Greenville Ohio
For a Link Exchange please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. your info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.