• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Blackberry

Blackberry 13 years 8 months ago #33650

• Bert de Haan
  • Bert de Haan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
I just lost an inspection because I didn't answer my email until I got home.  By that time the inspection was awarded to another inspector already.  The potential client emailed me to say I may have had the inspection if I had had a blackberry;(he had to decide quickly because of short notice.)
How many of you do your business without a blackberry?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: Blackberry 13 years 8 months ago #33652

No blackberry.  I do answer my phone on most inspections.  Have booked a few during an inspection. 

Personally email is to get answer within 24 hours or more.  If I need immediate answers, I call. 

In my previous life, I managed email systems for Fortune 500 companies.  People lived in front of their computers.  I remember times that we had 3 people sitting so close their elbows were touching.  There was no oral conversation but there was constant email flowing.  This was in the 80's long before texting. 

I have toyed with getting a crackberry but so far I have not lost any jobs due to delayed email responses.

Bruce Ramsey, ACI

Re: Blackberry 13 years 8 months ago #33653

A lot of guys will lose jobs by not responding within an hour. You don't need a blackberry, you can get any smartphone. I don't really see how you could do business without one as your site will generate inspection booking requests and email for more information via your site. Using an iPhone or an Android or Windows Mobile phone you'll get a buzz on your phone with your business email account gets new email.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Blackberry 13 years 8 months ago #33660

I have the new Spring 4G.  It is terrific and has already made me money.

And in two or three more semesters of classes I might actually figure out how to use the thing!

Next up - making calls...

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Blackberry 13 years 8 months ago #33663

• Bert de Haan
  • Bert de Haan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
Learning how to use any one of the options may be chore for me.  I had enough trouble with the cordless housephone a number of years ago.
I looked on the internet for some illumination.  The complaint about the iphone that kept coming up is that it is hard to type on it.  Any experience with that?
I had a BlackBerry at the last place I worked but I have never used an iPhone.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: Blackberry 13 years 8 months ago #33664

If you turn the Sprint phone sideways the little letter boxes are bigger and easier to hit.  But I miss a lot!

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.