• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re-inspection

Re: Re-inspection 15 years 9 months ago #1825

I tell my clients I am their consultant for life on the home I inspected and if they have questions or concerns (to jump in the lake) jus kidding
and I will swing by for coffee and see or discuss whats happening.
so far to date over 100 inspections two have called for added questions and a how do i get this wall removed and who is gonna do it.
both took a coffee and 20 mins tops.

When i have finished an inspection and their is work to be done, if the client likes I call contractors right there at the wrap up discussion and tell my contractor whats going on and then have them call my clients to finish the conversation, this way my client knows exactly what i said and they can go from there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Certified level I Thermographer (FLIR)
Certified Home Inspector #07040201
Certified Mold Inspector #7310 (ESA)
Certified Commercial Inspector
IAQ, Radon, Asbestos, lead

Re: Re-inspection 15 years 7 months ago #2957

did a house a year and a half ago, looks like I will be there tommorrow for a coffee to see what the problem is, re-inspect something that has coe up since,
I get a coffee and he gets an answer, I get praised like all get out and am the super inspector for another year and a half till he calls ahain

Certified level I Thermographer (FLIR)
Certified Home Inspector #07040201
Certified Mold Inspector #7310 (ESA)
Certified Commercial Inspector
IAQ, Radon, Asbestos, lead

Re: Re-inspection 10 years 5 months ago #55541

What if an agent calls and wants a re-inspection of an inspection done by someone else? The agent says that there have been corrections made and they want a new report to submit to the underwriter. Don't ask me why she didn't get the original inspector to do a re-inspection. She didn't even tell me until we scheduled. Fishy? I can use the job, but..........

Mark Smith/Owner

Title:House To Home Inspections LLC
Url: www.housetohomellc.com
url path: upland-home-inspections.html
Body: Upland Home Inspections performs home inspections in Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange Counties and all of Southern California....

Re: Re-inspection 10 years 5 months ago #55543

And how do you do a re-inspect using HIP if you only look at the repairs?

Mark Smith/Owner

Title:House To Home Inspections LLC
Url: www.housetohomellc.com
url path: upland-home-inspections.html
Body: Upland Home Inspections performs home inspections in Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Los Angeles and Orange Counties and all of Southern California....

Re: Re-inspection 10 years 5 months ago #55554

Your re-inspection needs to be a full inspection so you're issuing a normal report. You didn't do the original inspection.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Re-inspection 10 years 5 months ago #55609

Mark,  it is not a reinspection.  In your case it is a specific scope inspection.  A list of items a client wants inspected.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Minimum call out for me is $150 for this type of job.  Issue a one or two page report based on the specific list the client wishes inspected.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.