• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder?

Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder? 15 years 11 months ago #879

Currently I am using a "Werner" brand M1-6-12 ladder that folds nicely and stores in the trunk of one of my vehicles that gets great mpg. Its a little awkward inside a home to access attics but does make into a step ladder first so you can open the attic access, then open up more to go up into the attic area. The "6" stands for 6' step ladder and the "12" is 12' overall. The 12 is really marginal to safely access the lower roof area like the garage and does not leave much, if any to have something to safely hang onto when going up or down. Can anyone recommend one that will still fold up or collapse in some fashion so I can still transport & store in the trunk but ideally be at least 14' to make roof accesss easier & safer? I have not looked into the telescopic one yet but see they are quite expensive. Anyone use one of these or have a good experience with one you are using? :-\   

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Denver’s Best Home Inspection
www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
key:  denver home inspection
URL pth: denver's-best-home-inspection.html
Denver Infrared...

Re: Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder? 15 years 11 months ago #880

I love the little giant . I've used it for 5 years. I'm obviously not using for inspections, but for everything around the house and back when I would run networking cable for the school I worked at. It shrinks down to about 5' and extends up to 19 feet when fully extended. It can be a 9 ft A-frame ladder. You can even break it apart into two smaller ladders. I have the Model 22.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder? 15 years 11 months ago #881

The one I described fits into the trunk of a VW Jetta TDI Sedan (40-45mpg city) I have a full size Dodge PU but no mpg! The one you described may not fit.....do they make 1 or 2 size smaller, do you know? Just google "little giant"?

Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
Denver Infrared...

Re: Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder? 15 years 11 months ago #882

They actually make 3 or 4 sizes. Check out the website I linked to for all of them. This ladder has fit in the back seat of a camry as I've had a friend borrow it before.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder? 15 years 10 months ago #1024

I use the "Jaws"....ta da da.....

It's a type I  250 pound rated awesome deal made by featherlite Industries Ltd.
For my 17 foot ladder I can knock it down to 4'5" for storage.  25.5 pounds..

Love it.. The hinge lock is better then having "pins" for stability.. Maybe a bit slower then Little Giant for speed of adjustment but I like it for a "ladder" feel when climbing it.

Pat

Re: Recommend a lightweight aluminum ladder? 15 years 10 months ago #1027

Thanks Pat,
Do you remember what it cost approximately? And where you purchased it?
Thanks Again!
Dave K
www.denversbestinspector.com  

Denver Infrared...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.