• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PayPal Alternative

PayPal Alternative 14 years 9 months ago #14388

Before anyone points out the obvious, I have signed up for HIP's credit card processing. I put off on it too long and now I'm rushing to get it.  :-[

I booked an inspection for Sunday morning in which I could only land it by accepting CC payment. Since my application for the HIP CC service takes 5 - 10 business days to process, anyone know of a service that charges less than PayPal for this one-time transaction?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: PayPal Alternative 14 years 9 months ago #14395

Since it's just one transaction Nick, I'd go with paypal since it has no setup cost. You're talking about an extra $2-$3.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: PayPal Alternative 14 years 9 months ago #14397

I guess I'll send a few buck their way this time, since its what I get for procrastinating. They don't have a very favorable impression with me because of their ownership by E Bay, with whom I don't have a favorable opinion of due to past buying and selling experiences.

Re: PayPal Alternative 14 years 9 months ago #14398

That's no good. I do quite a bit of buying on ebay. I only buy from people with over a few thousand sales which greatly reduces any problems. I had bought two power supplies for my laptop and one blew but I'm sending it back as the guy had a warranty.

Dominic Maricic

Re: PayPal Alternative 14 years 9 months ago #14412

I run about $2000 p/month through my paypal account via customer credit card and echeck payments for inspections.  It's a no brainer.  No monthly or set up fees.  Clients like the secure environment of the payment feature as well.  Remember with paypal, they have no need to give you there credit card number of information, just a secure, direct and simple online payment feature.  If they tell me of there desire to pay with credit card, I sent them an email invoice for payment.  If they advise me at time of inspection, I tell them to process the payment and I'll release the inspection.  I also accept mobile paypal transactions as well. 

PayPal ROCKS!

I believe they're the third largest credit card processor on the planet now...  As of course owned by E-Bay!

URL : www.progressiveinspection.com
Title: Irvine Home Inspector
Description: Providing home inspections in California, including: Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Irvine, Aliso Viejo, Temecula, Corona, Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Woods
Keywords: Dana...

Re: PayPal Alternative 14 years 9 months ago #14413

Paypal is costing you more money than using a solution like ours, which you can process on your cell phone as well. If you're processing cards via your site the data goes directly to the bank, you never see the credit card info, nor do we per Vista, MC, etc rules. You can also send invoices via email, allow people to pay through your website and soon force payment before viewing a report. It also auto deposits into your bank account within 24-48 hours. I do like paypal too, and we use it as an option. But the higher volume you're doing the worse of an option paypal becomes, even though they do drop the rates a bit.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.