• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aqua Therm heating system

Aqua Therm heating system 15 years 1 month ago #7151

Does anyone have information on Aqua Therm heating systems?  They are not very common here and their website doesn't provide a lot of information.

Aqua Therm
Model #XVAQ30-3

Thanks,
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

South Sound Inspections
Performing Home Inspections in the Seattle, Olympia and Bremerton areas.

www.washingtonhomeinspector.biz

Re: Aqua Therm heating system 15 years 1 month ago #7160

Robert - is this the system where the water heater essentially serves as a boiler and in addition to providing hot water for the household also circulates hot water through to the furnace?  If that is what you refer to, what is your question?

I see them periodically.  They are hard to inspect.  I check temps and make sure it is circulating the water.  One thing I mention is that they are not your simple, on-sale Sunday morning water heaters.  They are much more sophisticated devices.  And expensive...

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Aqua Therm heating system 15 years 1 month ago #7161

Hey Robert - I just went to the site and I have never seen those before!  I was referring to natural gas water heaters, which I am pretty sure are called Aqua Therms too.  I must be wrong about something though because I can't get what I am familiar with to come up. 

Your wood-burning device seems like a good idea, but only if you have a cheap source of wood, a great cutter and splitter, and some muscle to help stack the stuff!

On the site they want distributors without really giving much information.  I guess they assume that if you are contacting them you must know what the product is all about...  Seems like a great system in an emergency.

www.jaymarinspect.com

Re: Aqua Therm heating system 15 years 1 month ago #7167

Hey Jay,
This system is serviced by a conventional natural gas fired water heater, 50 gal.  I am going to call them tomorrow and see what information I can get.  Here is how it was explained to me by an old timer:) I think you were saying the same thing in your first reply.  I just needed some basic information on them since they are not that common around here.

"Think of them as an oversized car heater and the water heater as the engine block that's heating the water being circulated through them; simply an air handler with a coil plunked down in the path of the air from the blower with hot water circulating through it, a supply on one side of the air handler and supply ducts carrying air to the rooms on the other."

Thanks for your help.

Rob

South Sound Inspections

Re: Aqua Therm heating system 15 years 1 month ago #7168

That, Rob, is exactly what I have seen.

www.jaymarinspect.com

Re: Aqua Therm heating system 15 years 1 month ago #7169

Jay,
Proof that we never stop learning. Over 1700 inspections and the first one of these.

Rob

South Sound Inspections

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.