• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior

Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior 11 years 11 months ago #48376

Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior, what are the rules for this?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Orange County Home Inspector serves Orange County California as a property inspector and I travel to L.A. San Diego and Riverside as well. I travel anywhere in the world as a Construction Defects Expert Witness, I also do Reserve Studies for HOA's. Licensed Gen Contractor, ICC Certified Bldg...

Re: Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior 11 years 11 months ago #48378

I believe 25 feet is the max and you subtract 5 feet for every 90 degree elbow.

Why in the world did they take it up to the ceiling and then back down, that adds almost 15 feet to it.  ???

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Last Edit: by Cameron Anderson.

Re: Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior 11 years 11 months ago #48379

Can you site a source for your 'belief'? This isn't theology we're talking here.

The Orange County Home Inspector serves Orange County California as a property inspector and I travel to L.A. San Diego and Riverside as well. I travel anywhere in the world as a Construction Defects Expert Witness, I also do Reserve Studies for HOA's. Licensed Gen Contractor, ICC Certified Bldg...

Re: Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior 11 years 11 months ago #48380

Here you go mister snippy.  ;)

www.dryerbox.com/dryer_venting_guide.htm

Length of concealed rigid metal ducting shall not exceed 35 feet (25' for IRC).  Deduct 5 feet from the allowable length for every 90 degree elbow and two and a half feet for every 45 degree fitting (the Dryer-Ell is an exception under 2006 IRC Section M1502.6, 2009 IMC Section 504.6.4 and 2009 IRC Section M1502.4).  These lengths may vary per local codes and dryer manufacturers recommendations.

Re: Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior 11 years 11 months ago #48381

Don't bite the hand...  ;)

Re: Dryer vent has 3 90's and quite a distance to travel to exterior 11 years 11 months ago #48383

LOL

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.