• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HVAC and breakers

HVAC and breakers 13 years 3 months ago #37382

I have an HVAC system that has 25 amp breakers and 25 amp fuses as the max on the data label. The breaker is a 30 amp, so I will report to have it replaced with a 25 amp breaker. But the disconnect switch is rated for 60 amp, is this incorrect, should it be rated at 25 amp?

Also, there are 2 yellow wires running from the whip to the conduit. Anyone know what they are for? Isn't yellow usually used for travel wires in a 3 way switch?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Last Edit: by Michael Merino.

Re: HVAC and breakers 13 years 3 months ago #37388

Mike the dis connect switch is not an over current device any more than the actual conductors are so the bigger the better.Capeche

Re: HVAC and breakers 13 years 3 months ago #37402

• Jim Keilson
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Professionalism Is A Must
  • Thank you received: 0
Mike I am not sure from the info provided what they used the yellow wires for, but on HVAC equipment the over protection MUST be fused at 125% of the RLA  (running load amps).  This is because the SLA (starting load amps) jumps up momentarily on start up ....I could go into more in depth detail, but that the basic info my friend. 8)

Maryland Home Inspection Services Inc.
www.marylandhomeinspectionservices.com
State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia License#3380 000468
National Association Of Certified Home Inspectors ID: NACHI10101807
International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2). Certification #...

Re: HVAC and breakers 13 years 3 months ago #37457

MIke
THe safety pull out is irrelevent because the circuit is protected by the panel breaker.. Thats prolly what they had on the truck.

As for the circuit breaker, thats what the label says right? Write it up.

Knoxville TN Home Inspector
Fogarty Home Inspection Services
Professional mold and radon testing of east Tn
Professional home and commercial inspections of Knoxville
www.homeinspectorknoxville.com
Title: Home Inspector Knoxville
Meta Keywords- Knoxville home inspection, Oak Ridge TN home inspector,...

Re: HVAC and breakers 13 years 3 months ago #37506

Go by what the label says: Manufacturer recommendation! If not you own it.... The safety pullout is irrelevant really.. I had a 40 amp in a 25 amp before! Write it like Sean said:

Title: Home Inspectors Boise
www.7countyhomeinspection.com
Body and Meta: A certified Boise Home Inspector offering home inspections in Boise, Meridian and Nampa. Call 208-982-5335
Meta Tags: Boise Home Inspector, Boise Home Inspection, Home Inspectors Meridian, Meridian Home Inspectors, Nampa Home...

Re: HVAC and breakers 12 years 7 months ago #43036

I SAW WHAT LOOK LIKE THERMOSTATS ON DUCTS IN THE ATTIC. SINGLE UNIT WITH DUAL ZONES. HOW DO THEY WORK?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.