• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding text to photos problem. Dom?

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 1 month ago #66558

Are you a Mac user Roy?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 1 month ago #66559

No Sir! I didn't realize this was about Mac's when I post it.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: by Roy Lewis.

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 1 month ago #66560

That may be why you’re not experiencing the issue(s).

I still find it odd that Dom won’t reply...

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 1 month ago #66561

Sorry for the late response guys. As you may have noticed, these forums were not made for tech support, they are for user to user discussion though obviously we respond here when we see them. Now that 99% of support is on our help desk or in our Facebook groups there are extremely few posts here and I don't check in as often.

Tech support is available on our help desk and phones until at least midnight EST definitely use it if you have urgent questions.

There's a few issues brought up here, I'll try to address them all in order.

The doubling of text in the Mac photo editor started due to a bug in the Mac OS. We have since worked around it and have a fix. I need to confirm whether it's in our 5.9.1 beta or if it's in our internal alpha version (in office testing).

The issue with captions not appearing could be two things. First there was a Windows update about a year ago that broke the save on focus feature. That was fixed by Windows about 6 months ago so make sure you have updated. Make sure you have HIP 5.9 as well. It can also occur if you click Generate Report on a caption without having clicked off the caption field. Basically captions save once you click out of the caption and onto any other tab or menu.

Sections not being included unless you press the auto select button, is on purpose. There are many inspectors that have CYA informational sections that do not appear on the report. It would be bad if those automatically selected. This isn't a bug. We can look at adding another option checkbox to auto select all boxes.

Sections with no comments, and no photos attached not auto selecting isn't a bug. If you notice the auto select button there is specific about what will cause a section to be checked or not. We have users now with many different PDFs attached to many sections that should only print if that section is being used. For example, a mold intro if they're also doing a mold inspection or a pool safety intro page if the house has a pool. It would not make sense for these PDFs to print if there was no actual content within the section of the report. The mass majority of the time the PDFs that always print are after the cover or at the end of the report. I understand you're using HIP differently but we can't change a behavior to assist in how a couple of users use a feature that would negatively affect the mass majority of users. I've only had 2 or 3 guys ask that include PDFs in sections with no content. As you noted, you can check the box manually when you go to generate. If you can explain why you're doing this I may be able to figure out a workaround or an option to add in for this.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.