• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding text to photos problem. Dom?

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 8 months ago #66384

Hi Dom,

I have been unable to add text to photos in the Mac version for a long time now.
As you know the text double prints and looks like crap.
It’s a very useful feature when it works.

I’ve been in contact with some of your colleagues about this and brought this up before on the message board. But it never gets resolved.

There are some other frustrating issues when annotating photos as well.
Is there any resolution in sight?

Best,

Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 5 months ago #66457

Any reason for lack of response?

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 5 months ago #66458

Call them...
"You can also contact us from 6am - 4pm PST, Monday - Friday using the Live Support button in the top right corner of the site to chat with us live, call us at 888-750-4777 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 2 weeks ago #66555

This issue has been pointed out many times and it is becoming a potential liability for inspectors. We deserve better!
I noticed that when I select one of the comments or captions under the picture it will print it. If I type my own caption it will not print it 75% of the time = awful and unpredictable hit and miss, especially if you are relying on a picture as a defect description. [ no, clicking somewhere else in the window does not work!] Additionally, if you select a comment or caption and edit it under the picture, it will print the original caption or comment and will omit the edit. I found that out the hard way, since I did not go back and rechecked the corrections/modifications I made. The reports went out uncorrected, even though I have corrected or modified the captions before generating the report! That is a liability to me!
Another issue with the pics - adding batch photos always takes 2 attempts. The first attempt will only install the first 3-4 pics [the first page depending on if you leaving the cover photo off or not. So no, the issue has not been corrected and it is getting really old.
Yet another issue that inspectors need to be aware of: If you do not select "Select sections with comments, rating or photos" when generating the report, your report will print with the last print option that was saved for this template. In other words, it does not auto-select the filled-in sections from the current report, so you might send out an incomplete report, i.e. even if you had a garage or WDI in this inspection, it might not be included in the report if you did not have it in the last saved template unless you click the " "Select.sections....." button. And then, if you pressed the "Select.sections....." button, and are including any PDF documents with your report that are saved with the current template, those are actually deselected every time you press " Select sections....." button when generating the report, and you will have to manually reselect those sections every time. So you better remember in what sections you have the PDF documents added. For example, I have a conclusion section that has a PDF, because I need my signature on the report so I have to manually add it every time after pressing that button, even though I have it saved as selected in the template. I feel sorry for the guys who created the intro to sections using multiple PDFs because they wanted to add special formatting... To me, that is a liability. The program should auto-detect all of the filled-in sections for the current inspection and select them for the print of the PDF report, and always include the PDF documents that were added to that template! Dominic is of a different opinion.
We deserve to have the current bugs corrected expeditiously.

FRANK MACAK   Lic.# 16000041526
PRIME INSPECTIONS  - www.prime-inspect.com
Quality Home Inspections in Delaware, Otsego, Chenango, Schoharie
Greene, and other Counties = approx. 75 miles radius from Oneonta NY

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 1 week ago #66556

I have none of those problems..So! It must be you.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Adding text to photos problem. Dom? 4 years 1 week ago #66557

or...., and more likely, you might not even know you have the same issues. Try to recreate it and see it for yourself with the picture comments and the sections prints. If you have any section in the report i.e Contract Page with a PDF inserted and saved in the template, that section will disappear and you will have to reselect it if you pressed the "Select sections....." button when generating the report. It will disappear because there are no comments or pictures in that section other than your PDF document, so the program will not find it. If you have several sections like that, then good luck remembering them all when you are generating the reports.

FRANK MACAK   Lic.# 16000041526
PRIME INSPECTIONS  - www.prime-inspect.com
Quality Home Inspections in Delaware, Otsego, Chenango, Schoharie
Greene, and other Counties = approx. 75 miles radius from Oneonta NY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.