• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A few questions about HIP

A few questions about HIP 5 years 4 months ago #65543

Hello, I have been using HIP for 8 months now and have a few questions about it.

(1) Some times when I download a template there are pages of embedded text that show up when I generate the report and I can't find where they are located so I can remove or edit the text. An example is the INTERNACHI comm long template. I want to use it but there are several pages of content that shows up when I generate the report. I tried looking everywhere and I can not find where this text is coming from to remove it.

(2) Where do the photos get stored when I take them for the report on my mobile device? Is there a folder they are placed in?

(3) Is there a way to make the text capitalize it's self at the beginning of a sentence? Such as when I add text to the photos, or type in my customers name in the client info area? That would be a really nice fix! Also is there a way to improve the spell check section? It says I'm mis spelling words when I make them plural and add an "S" to them. The spell check also doesn't like when you ad "Re" anything such as recaulk or repaint.

Thanks for the help!
Dale P.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A few questions about HIP 5 years 4 months ago #65544

Hi Dale. Answering in order! Please note that the Help Desk is the fastest place to get responses as the forums are more for user to user questions.

1. More than likely what you're looking for is under the Documents button along the top of the program but we'd need to see a report to be sure.

2. In a folder that gets zipped up with the inspection. If you select Save Full Size Images from the Settings tab on HIP Mobile a full size copy will be saved to the device as well.

3. Are you looking for auto capitalization and spell check on the desktop or mobile?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

A few questions about HIP 5 years 1 month ago #66227

Thanks for the fast reply, unfortunately I haven't been on here in a while.

I figured the first two issues out, but #3 is still a problem. Every time I start writing a description in HIP mobile it starts off as an un capitalized letter and it's super annoying. Is this something with the the phone, or the software?

Thanks, Dale P.

A few questions about HIP 5 years 1 month ago #66229

Is this when using voice to text or just typing? Are you on Android or iOS?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

A few questions about HIP 5 years 1 month ago #66230

I'm using a galaxy note 8 and am typing by hand. It only happens when I add text to photos.

I'm also curious on some of the spell check items that the software flags such as when you type plural words like "railings" or "cailking" "repaint" and lots more. The desktop version will flag lots of words that aren't spelled wrong.

Thanks, Dale P.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.