• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is there a tutorial on how to merge two inspection

Is there a tutorial on how to merge two inspection 5 years 11 months ago #64423

I can't figure out how to use the merge report feature. When I select it, it open a window to select another inspection but than nothing happens.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is there a tutorial on how to merge two inspection 5 years 11 months ago #64424

No tutorial, but Natalie from HIP posted this.

To merge two or more inspections, it's relatively easy. It works best if the templates are basically the same template, or portions of the same template so the sections all match up.

1. Download or save the inspection files from each of the inspectors to your computer.
2. Go into Home Inspector Pro.
3. Click on Open Inspection.
4. Select the base inspection that will used for the merge. This is usually the inspection that contains the largest amount of inspection information, and/or contains the clients information.
5. Go to File > Import/Merge Another Inspection.
6. You will then be prompted to select another inspection file (.hzf file).
7. Select the second inspection which you would like to import into the base inspection, then click Open.

Your inspections will then be merged together. If there are sections that match, the sections will be merged. If there are sections that do not match, they will be included in a Menu titled 'Merged Inspection 1'. You can then move any of these sections into the appropriate section of your inspection. You can follow these same steps for each additional inspections that need to be merged into this inspection, allowing teams of any size to collaborate on the inspection.

When you have finished merging the inspections, go to Save Inspection in the toolbar to save your changes. it's recommended to save the merged inspection under a different file name (when saving, type in a new file name) so you have your original inspection, and a copy of the merged inspection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dominic Maricic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.