• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 5.4 TROUBLE

5.4 TROUBLE 6 years 1 week ago #64365

Is anyone else having trouble with the text editor? It's entering in erroneous character and spaces. The cursor is not locating at the typing position. Letters that are erroneously entered do not delete. I've had to use MS Word to generate comments. Any advise on how to fix would be appreciated?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5.4 TROUBLE 6 years 1 week ago #64366

I noticed the same. Cursor seems to be back about 1/2 way through the preceding letter. I just started to ignore that part. I found that when I try to correct anything at least one letter of the misspelled word would not delete and I had to backspace all the way to the last letter of the preceding word. I would think both of these are related as cursor position is off somehow...

Alton Darty    AR Lic. #HI-1496
ATN Inspection Services, LLC
Home & Commercial Inspections throughout the NE Arkansas and SE Missouri regions.
www.arinspections.com
Osceola, Arkansas 72370

5.4 TROUBLE 6 years 1 week ago #64367

John, I've emailed you several times this morning and last night. Your email box is full so all your messages bounce back. You can try rolling back to 5.3 at www.homeinspectorpro.com/dmdocuments/HomeInspectorPro.exe . We've had 100 guys beta testing this version for the last 2 months with no issues but it seems there's a few guys that have the same resolution issue right now and we're looking into it.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

5.4 TROUBLE 6 years 1 week ago #64380

Yes. Additionally, when downloading the files from mobile sync, it downloads them but the dialog box that states "The inspection was successfully downloaded and saves to:" never comes up. Had to bring files in from laptop to desk top via drop box to work on them. Then lines all over the editing box. Additionally, same cursor issues (two lines back and doesn't delete properly).

5.4 TROUBLE 6 years 1 week ago #64381

The cursor issue is being worked on right now. It has to do with some of the high resolution changes we made. You can temporarily fix it by right clicking on the program icon, then go to Compatitbility. Select the DPI aware box and set to system. Then restart HIP.

Can you get me a screenshot of what you're referring to with the lines over editing box? I'm not sure what you're describing.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

5.4 TROUBLE 6 years 1 week ago #64383

I am having the same problem. What is the link to roll back to 5.3?

Wayne Cole
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.