• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Report Writing

Report Writing 6 years 3 months ago #64159

I've tried 2-3 different templates but I'm still taking 6 hours or more to complete a home inspection report! I'm certainly no "computer wiz" But this amount of time to complete a report seems excessive! Open to suggestions, please. Thank you. TW

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Report Writing 6 years 3 months ago #64160

Hi Warren,

I highly recommend attending one of our Tuesday or Friday training sessions. The majority of our users now finish 90-100% on site. Start to finish at home if you did nothing on site should be about an hour. We can help you speed up a ton with tips you learn at the class. Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can get you all setup!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warren L. Todd Wellman

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Report Writing 6 years 3 months ago #64165

Warren, Rather than using someone else's template that can and will change the way you inspect, take the time to modify your own template so it matches the way you inspect. It really is just a matter of moving things around so they are in the order you work, with the most common comments at the top. Also, start using the DOUBLE BRACKETS feature to give your narratives a title. Then you only need to read the title and not open the comment to see if that is what you want.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Report Writing 6 years 3 months ago #64168

It should only take 45 min to 1-1/2 hr to do the report.
Everyone starts out slow and as time goes on you get more proficient.

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.