• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features

Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features 6 years 8 months ago #63773

I have observed very similar issues no matter how I adjust the quality setting in the program and no matter how many images I have going across. I have used several cameras and when I look at the photo in a regular image viewer program the photo appears just fine, but when I generate report and look at it it can sometimes be so compressed and blurry the client can't make things out. I understand that the program needs to compress the images somewhat for a smaller file size but I would rather send a 1 to 2 megabyte file that looks great vs a 500 kb file clients complain about. Really wish we had a much better revised option to select compression level or overall report or picture size. Just like how most image editing or viewing apps give you that option when you save or export the image. I can always use another program to downsize it or compress the report more if needed, but nothing I can do will improve the overall quality to start with.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features 6 years 8 months ago #63774

Hi Devin,

Are you referring to graphics with text or just normal images you take during the inspection?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features 6 years 4 months ago #64046

HOw Do I add photos to the summary?

Are there instructions on how to use these new features?

Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features 6 years 3 months ago #64049

Hi Luke,

There's a checkbox next to each photo on the desktop version of HIP for adding to the summary. Check the box and pics will be on the summary.

There's many videos under the Support menu at the top of the site on HIP 5 features. Make sure you've updated to 5.2.5 now though!

Dominic Maricic

Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features 6 years 2 months ago #64169

Is any one else having any of these same issues using the latest version of HIP?

1. Takes 3-5 minutes to open a file
2. Sometimes it will load the photos from my last inspection into the new inspection I'm doing. Even loads the cover photo
3. downloading date from ISN takes FOREVER and then some. I just started typing in the info myself.

I'm on a MAC it's running the latest OS

Home Inspector Pro 5.0.7 Features 6 years 2 months ago #64170

Hi Luke,

1 and 3 should definitely not be happening. How old is the Mac? How much ram does it have?

For #2. If you have an inspection open, then click on Open Template, all photos will REMAIN. This is on purpose. We used to have guys complain that they'd start a job, work on photos and then realize they forgot to choose a different template. Instead of starting over, the data remains. If you close HIP and reopen it you'll never have data remain. The other option is to click Photos -> Clear all Photos.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.