• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I was looking at the help and...

I was looking at the help and... 16 years 2 months ago #281

I was looking at the help in the MAC version to see if there was a way to edit the pabel wizard that I did not know, and I stumbled on how to make a customized template.  The help says to go to edit>template design>new template.  I tried that and noticed that the MAC version does not have that.  As a matter of fact, the MAC version does not have any way to make a new template.  I actually have had to start from an existing template and delete the things I don't want and add in the new items that i want.  I do believe that we need a Create a new template  button in the Mac version that wizards us thru to a new template.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: I was looking at the help and... 16 years 2 months ago #282

Actually most of the stuff in the Help section within the program is outdated and will be removed in the next version. The Animated Tutorials on the website explain things MUCH better and the button will just load those instead.

I plan on including a blank template in the next version. What you want to do for now is just save an existing template with a new name and delete the stuff you don't want (like you mentioned). I can email you a blank if you want it, otherwise there will be one in the next
release.

By the way, the Windows & Mac versions are 100% identical except for how the mac interprets a few of the items in the code. For example, in the windows version if there are more tabs in a section than fit in the width of a screen then they wrap to the next row. Apple has insisted in Java for Apple that you get the drop down to see the rest. It's actually been a fight with Apple but they insist that it's more Mac like. Unfortunately all the guys using the program in Windows & Mac version like that aspect of Windows better.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.