• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3rd party warranty company?

3rd party warranty company? 9 years 3 months ago #60028

Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone can give me any insight here... I currently offer a 90 day warranty with all of my inspections.  It's really just a tool to set myself apart from the rest of the guys and it does seem to help.  In my area though, most all inspectors will offer an optional 1 year home warranty.  Currently, I will coordinate the 1 year warranty through a 3rd party company, but that's all.  Basically I just send an email to the warranty company rep and she handles everything from there.  She emails a copy of the policy to the buyer and the invoice to title.  I send her quite a bit of business, but don't benefit from it at all monetarily (I also don't assume any risk so maybe that's as good as it gets!).  There are other inspectors here that will offer their own 1 yr warranty and handle the calls and service themselves.  To me, that's a waste of time, a conflict of interest and a huge liability so I don't want to do that. 

So my question.... are there any companies out there that offer a 1yr warranty that I could provide as an add-on to make a few extra dollars per policy?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 3rd party warranty company? 9 years 3 months ago #60029

I've never heard of an inspector offering their own warranty and handle their own calls. That's just crazy!! Are you sure that's what's going on? That's a massive amount of liability they'd be taking on.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: 3rd party warranty company? 9 years 3 months ago #60030

I've never heard of an inspector offering their own warranty and handle their own calls. That's just crazy!! Are you sure that's what's going on? That's a massive amount of liability they'd be taking on.

Exactly. Sounds like someone trying to get you to "fall for it" and put you out of business! IMO, leave that crap to the agents... where it belongs!!!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: 3rd party warranty company? 9 years 3 months ago #60031

No, that's exactly what he does.  I used to be a Realtor and used him a few times for inspections. When I knew I'd be making the career change, I picked his brain a bit (without telling him why) and learned that he was offering and servicing his own warranties.  Complete craziness in my opinion, but to each his own right?!

The problem is that agents don't handle warranties much here.  Generally, they schedule their inspections and then ask "do you offer a warranty?"  So it's kind of expected that I have something and that's the reason I offer the assistance now. 

Re: 3rd party warranty company? 9 years 3 months ago #60050

Why not just offer a good inspection. I have no desire to offer a warranty as an Inspector !

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...
Last Edit: by Joe Keresztury.

Re: 3rd party warranty company? 9 years 3 months ago #60082

Danny, that's absolutely insane. The amount of liability there is way too high. You don't need to follow others off a cliff. There's a few 30-90 day warranty services you can offer the clients if you wanted to. The 1 year inspections are very expensive and something the agents should be offering. If not, that's on them.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.