• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Do you release your photos to your client

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 8 months ago #54491

That can work both ways, Scott. I once had a client call me 6 months following and inspection, and said I had missed a leaking roof, and a black water stain on the sheathing in the attic.

Just so happened I had a pic of that exact spot in my unused pic folder. I presented the pic to him, and proved there was no leak when I was there.

Though I did refund half his inspection money (just to be nice), I was covered in case the situation turned sour. The pic convinced him that I didn't miss anything, and the roof leaked because of huge storm a few weeks after the inspection.

The refund made him happy, and he has sent referrals since....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Title: Inspection Connection
URL: www.charleston-home-inspector.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas
Keywords: Charleston Home Inspector, St...

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 8 months ago #54492

here is another twist to all of this.. I was told if the pictures are not in the report then they don't count.  However it all boils down to that Judge. Im sure if it went to court we would all lose. Some one once told me your not in business until you have been sued.

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 8 months ago #54493

undoubtedly true...the only one who wins in court are the Lawyers!  >:(

Always tell the truth, do what you promise, and do it righter than right..always
Body: Performing Home Inspections in all of WV: Charleston, Huntington, Teays, Hurricane, and surrounding areas

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 8 months ago #54497

• scott97
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Michael, that's practicing good CYA, and those are the clients we want!

When it's so easy to take 200+ pics of a home now, why work without a net?  The problem is that, even with 200+ pics, no one's "net" is perfect...it's probably gonna have holes.  A question that arises in my mind from Mike's OP is:  Do I show the client my "net," knowing it could have a "hole" in it big enough for me to fall through, if they ask for it....

....And, yes, the biggest winners are the attorneys.

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 8 months ago #54498

very good and valid points, Scott. I never thought of it that way, but that's me. I would give them the pics to be nice, since I didn't need them, and they asked.

They would take those pics and use them against me in some way to sue me or point to something missed.

I guess the CYA would be either "don't give them up" or study each one carefully and don't give them any pics of any defects not in the report.

Let the lawyers starve....... ;D

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 8 months ago #54532

All good points.

I have for awhile know taken 125 + photos at an inspection. Those are my notes on a picture.
I do not take notes or write anything down to save time.

Most of the photos are taken for floor finish, wall, ceiling etc..
Defects are also taken and I do it in a systematical way.
Roof, exterior, attic, interior, and basement, and then garage if any.

The report is done accordingly.
Pictures are downloaded in Picassa and viewed while filling in the report.
All are downloaded in bulk in HIP and use the drop menus for the pictures I want in the report.

You would be surprised at how many times I forgot something in the report by looking at the picture I took of a defect and another defect is found.

I download all the pictures on a disc and file it in a folder with signed agreements and no one gets it.

They are kept for just incase like some said.

Hope all is good for all.  :)

Cyr Home & Commercial Property Inspections
body text: Home and commercial property inspections across Maine, Kennebec county and all of Central Maine.
Keywords: Central Maine Home Inspectors, home inspector, commercial inspections
Meta tags:Serving all of Central Maine and surrounding areas
URL:...
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.