• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Do you release your photos to your client

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 7 months ago #54558

Typically NO! - for the reason Scott said!...Remember, I'm in Illinois - " The Land of Lawyers"!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 10 years 1 day ago #57543

• Dana Bostick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
I keep all photos, usually 80 - 100 per inspection, in "raw" form but only use about half in the report. Like many, these are my "visual notes" and are not for client use. Anything that does make it to the report is carefully optimized, edited, cropped and annotated to best display the issue at hand. I take high res pics just for this. 4000 x 3000, so that I can crop and adjust and still have a usable pic in the end. And, NO, I do not provide my "notes" to a client, even if asked. If any written notes are taken, those get destroyed after the report is delivered. The report stands on its own.

All pics are worked over in third party software prior to report use and never added to the report in the field or using the built-in editor software found in most HI programs.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 9 years 11 months ago #57554

Shooting RAW for home inspections is interesting, suppose if you have the storage space and time to develop them that's a thing to do, but if you're using HIP it degrades the resolution substantially....are you gaining anything at the end of the day by doing this? 

I have a small photography business shooting real estate and structures primarily and shooting RAW is my standard mode, but I carry a pocket camera and shoot 2MP low compression for my inspection work.  The images are great since most are fairly close up.....but HIP still downgrades them markedly; to help manage the file sizes I imagine.

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 9 years 11 months ago #57555

Not only no, but hell NO!
All my pics are filed for later use, by myself, if ever needed.
Nobody knows how many pic's you have in your possession, except yourself.
The client is not privy to all my business secrets, and they have no need to know.
This is a business, not a hobby. Treat it as such.

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 9 years 11 months ago #57557

• Dana Bostick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Against the grain is a way of life.
  • Thank you received: 0
Barry...Not technically "Raw" format. Actually 4000 X 3000 resolution jpeg's for the fine detail and the ability to zoom and crop as needed. My actual process is to create a folder with the clients name and inspection date. In that I create two subfolders, one called " Pics" and the other called "Edits".  All of the original pictures at full resolution go into the pics folder that I use for reference. Many are just overall pictures of a room for identification of things such as wall finishes, flooring and anything special.  Out of those, I pick the ones I will be using in the report and drag them into the Edits folder. Those get resized down to 800x600, pulled into SnagIt editor for annotation and markup.

In my view, the client is entitled to the pictures that are going into the report ONLY. The rest are my notes and my personal property.

True Professionals, Inc. Home inspections and Property Consultation, Litigation Support, HOA Maintenance Consulting
www.HomeInspection-LosAngeles.com
Certified Infrared Thermographer www.MagicLeakFinders.com
www.Thermal-Diagnostics.com
All services provided in the Southern...

Re: Do you release your photos to your client 9 years 11 months ago #57558

I do it pretty much the same way Dana.  :)

Cyr Home & Commercial Property Inspections
body text: Home and commercial property inspections across Maine, Kennebec county and all of Central Maine.
Keywords: Central Maine Home Inspectors, home inspector, commercial inspections
Meta tags:Serving all of Central Maine and surrounding areas
URL:...
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.