• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: At what rate should the soil slope away from the home?

At what rate should the soil slope away from the home? 13 years 9 months ago #34101

At what rate should the soil slope away from the home for proper drainage?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Charlotte Home Inspector
www.thecharlottehomeinspectors.com
Home inspections in Charlotte, Monroe, Mooresville, Gastonia, and Concord.
Meta Key: Charlotte Home Inspection, Mooresville Home Inspector, home inspection in Monroe, Gastonia home Home Inspections in Charlotte, Mooresville, Concord,...

Re: At what rate should the soil slope away from the home? 13 years 9 months ago #34110

I use this in almost all my reports.
Attachments:

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: At what rate should the soil slope away from the home? 13 years 9 months ago #34122

R401.3  Drainage.  Surface drainage shall be diverted to a storm sewer conveyeance or other approved point of collection so as to not create a hazard.  Lots shall be graded to drain surface water away from foundation walls.  The grade shall fall a minimum of 6 inches (152mm) within the first 10 feet (3048 mm).

Exception. Where lot lines, walls, slopes or other phyiscal barriers prohibit 6 inches of fall within 10 feet, the final grade shall slope away from the foundation at a minimum of 5 percent and water shall be directed to drains or swales to ensure drainage away from the structure. Swales shall be sloped a miniumn of 2 percent when located within 10 feet of the building foundation.  Impervious surfaces within 10 feet of the building foundation shall be sloped a miniumn of 2 percent away from the building

Bruce Ramsey, ACI

Re: At what rate should the soil slope away from the home? 13 years 8 months ago #34137

• Bert de Haan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0

At what rate should the soil slope away from the home for proper drainage?

If I can see it is sloping, I consider it good.  If I cannot tell( or can hardly tell) it is sloping I consider it needs regrading. 

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.