• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE

ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE 13 years 9 months ago #34080

I was wondering if someone can verify, or help me here, i am thinking it is a corner of a sheathing panel which is curling up either because it is not affixed right or weather has warped it, has anyone seen this or can anyone knows about this/ has seen it before?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Illinois- Tribuzio Home Inspection Services

www.thishomeinspector.com   (708) 453 8447

Home Inspection in Chicago land area and surrounding suburbs
Serving Chicago, Elmwood Park, Oak Park, Harwood Heights, Norridge, River Grove, Park Ridge and surrounding areas.

Re: ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE 13 years 9 months ago #34081

I would call it out and have a professional roofer certify the roof before closing as there appear to be some issues with the pictured roof deck.

No rake edge flashing. (Not that is has to be present but if a quality roofer installs it would be there and it does service a purpose) Like keeping water out and not lifting the roof sheathing.

Multiple layers of roof covering present(buckled or uneven roof decking)

This roof most likely has no ice guard protection.

What did the roof decking look like in the attic?
Any other pictures?
How old is the top layer of roof?
How old is the house?

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE 13 years 9 months ago #34082

The roof covering IS LESS THAN 3 YEARS OLD, one layer, no ice barrier visible, no access to underside of roof( no access panel)
yeah im referring it to roofer

Serving Chicago, Elmwood Park, Oak Park, Harwood Heights, Norridge, River Grove, Park Ridge and surrounding areas.

Re: ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE 13 years 9 months ago #34083

Good call. If there is no ice gaurd protection then there are or is going to be issues.
I usually note to obtain roof documentation and warranty information from current owner.

It looked like from the small photo that there was more than 1 layer off roof covering. When I clicked on the photo it was to large to tell.

Do you think the roof was done professionally or by a weekend wariior drinking adult beverages.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE 13 years 9 months ago #34087

It was by one company, i dunno if they were related to seller, they have receipts tho . I also suggested they review the receipt and warranty info

Re: ROOF SHEATHING ISSUE 13 years 8 months ago #34089

I thought there were 2 layers there too from the photo. Pretty bad when you can see the tiles lifting like that. Especially with the weather in IL!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.