• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: security bolt

Re: security bolt 13 years 9 months ago #32591

Marcel ,It is the one way lag pictured at that website. This house built in the 20's needs all it's original windows re glazed and repaired as part of the restoration. Some are leaded glass some are beveled. All are sealed with several coats of lead paint and caulking. I have removed a few security doors but the were destroyed in the proses :)  

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I've Been Rich and I've Been Poor "Rich" is Better
Fitzgerald Home Inspection
Link URL: www.sanfernandovalleyhomeinspection.com/
Body:Providing the best Home Inspections,Los Angeles and Ventura Counties 818-929-4860
Key Words:San Fernando Valley home inspections,Home...

Re: security bolt 13 years 9 months ago #32595

Sounds like the restoration will be a good one, Gary. Good luck and hope the website helps you a bit.
Have a good weekend, what's left of it.  :)

Cyr Home & Commercial Property Inspections
body text: Home and commercial property inspections across Maine, Kennebec county and all of Central Maine.
Keywords: Central Maine Home Inspectors, home inspector, commercial inspections
Meta tags:Serving all of Central Maine and surrounding areas
URL:...

Re: security bolt 12 years 9 months ago #41931

It's cheating, but if I was simply removing and wanted to speed up... we'd use a cut off wheel on an angle grinder to cut a slot in the screw head, then use a slotted bit from one of the 1/2" drills or impact driver...

done/gone and quick where you can get at 'em... then just buy a bunch of new one's if/when re-installed.

Home Inspector and Contractor Palmdale and Lancaster CA

www.antelespec.com

Home Inspections in Antelope Valley, Palmdale and Lancaster CA, Santa Clarita
www.homeinspectortim.com

Home Inspector Lancaster Palmdale CA
www.specriteinspections.com/

Re: security bolt 12 years 9 months ago #41945

Marcel ,It is the one way lag pictured at that website. This house built in the 20's needs all it's original windows re glazed and repaired as part of the restoration. Some are leaded glass some are beveled. All are sealed with several coats of lead paint and caulking. I have removed a few security doors but the were destroyed in the proses 

Gary, can you explain why the security doors were destroyed?

Because of age, or other things or because of the security screws.?

I tried to quote you but all it does is show a green bar at the top of the screen that says Loading and nothing happens.

body text: Home and commercial property inspections across Maine, Kennebec county and all of Central Maine.

Re: security bolt 12 years 9 months ago #41950

Marcel:

You are inquiring about (don't get too excited) a sex bolt. There is an "un-do-it" tool available but Tim's solution is the best if you can slot it without damaging the surrounding materials. See the following link: www.hudsonfasteners.com/sec/sec_ow_sb.htm

John

John M. Hetz
IN Home Inspection, Inc.
www.inhomeinspections.com
Certified Professional Home Inspections, Radon Testing, Wood Destroying Insect Inspections and Water Quality Sampling and Analysis for Plymouth, South Bend, Mishawaka, Rochester, Logansport, Culver and Goshen, Indiana  and all of...

Re: security bolt 12 years 9 months ago #41951

Yes, I am familiar with those, used them many years installing toilet partitions on College Jobs and Schools I have built. Still have some in my shed for whatever reason. (Spare Parts) I guess.
Always just used a small pair of vis-grips to spin 1/2 turn to remove them.
Now they use a torx head with a pin in the middle. So you need a torx bit with a hole in it. More readily available.  :)

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.