• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Would you walk this roof??

Re: Would you walk this roof?? 14 years 1 month ago #29914

I would have walked it, then skied down!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...

Re: Would you walk this roof?? 14 years 1 month ago #29937

Mike, that's not recommended or approved according to the InterNachi SOP. But knowing you, go ahead do it your way and show off. Final result pictures, Please !!!!  :D ;) ;D ::)

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...

Re: Would you walk this roof?? 14 years 1 month ago #29943

When I was a kid we would climb to the garage roof and sled down into a huge pile of snow, I guess I will never grow up, I will just grow out. LOL  ;D

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...

Re: Would you walk this roof?? 14 years 2 weeks ago #30626

• Gary Bottomley
  • Professional Home Inspections to meet your needs.
  • Thank you received: 0

Low slope roof, mostly covered with snow.
Went up to look at chimney and flashings.

Would you have walked this roof.  You can see my ladder in the distance

From a skiers perspective, you took the safest route: You made the ascent across the fall line where the float roof was below you and then across the ridge line, presumably to the chimney.
I would do it just like that.
Looks like you didn't have much snow this year either. We only had 84", 212 last year with an average of 160. Good ski season through, stayed cold most of the season.
Glad spring is here now though!

Phone: 231 878-3569
Title:  Northwest Michigan Home Inspection Services
URL:   www.CadillacHomeInspector.com
Body: Professional Home Inspection Services for Cadillac Michigan and surrounding communities of Traverse City, Kalkaska, Houghton Lake, Manistee & Big Rapids. ...

Re: Would you walk this roof?? 14 years 1 week ago #30867

Dave - I fell from a roof without snow 13 years ago.  Low sloped with what looked like just a little frost on it.  The frost was slippery and I did not recognize it.  I shattered everything in my left leg.  Still very painful, doesn't work right, still purple and swollen in spots.

Prior to that I was running marathons.  Haven't since and there is too much pain even to walk.  Makes weight control a function of food and nothing else.

I drove myself to the hospital (clutch on my truck!) and only missed my afternoon inspection.  I called them from the X-ray room to postpone it until the next day and did inspections for the next 7 weeks on crutches.  It shocked my kids to learn how tough their old man was...

So, no, I would not have walked that roof.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
Last Edit: by Jay Markanich.

Re: Would you walk this roof?? 14 years 1 week ago #30903

Wow, that must have been painful Jay. I guess we all think it can't happen to us and we are invincible. Better to be safe than sorry!!

Bent Nail Inspections
Serving Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Caldwell and surrounding areas
Boise home inspector, boise home inspections, Meridian home inspector, Idaho Home Inspection, Nampa Home Inspector
Boise home Inspections   
www.bestboisehomeinspection.com/ ...
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.