• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crawl spce entrance.

Crawl spce entrance. 14 years 6 months ago #20457

hi.. everyone.
Attached picture is typical crawl space in my area.
Most of crawl space is opened like picture. In other word, No cover for water damage.
It should be need comment? or unnecessary?

Thnaks..
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Crawl spce entrance. 14 years 6 months ago #20460

Kyu, it helps to know where you're located. Based on the area code you entered when you bought the program, am I correct that you're in Long Beach, California?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Crawl spce entrance. 14 years 6 months ago #20483

Yes I would comment on it.  If you cant enter the crawl you would have to comment on why you didn't inspect the crawl.  Also I think there is a specific size the entry should be but I cant remember off the top of my head.  I want to say 18 inches.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Crawl spce entrance. 14 years 6 months ago #20491

Building codes vary about height of the crawl space access. Can be as little as 12" or as much as 36".

The one pictured has numerous issues and I would call it out. It is partially below grade.

As John stated if you do not inspect inside you need to make sure you explain and document properly as NOT INSPECTED and your reasons why. Like improper size or unable to remove cover.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Crawl spce entrance. 14 years 6 months ago #20492

Thanks David, I knew someone would help me out on the size requirements.  Karma for you!!!

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Crawl spce entrance. 14 years 6 months ago #20570

I appreciate the Karma!!

Thanks friend!!

John I have a question to ask you pertaining to Keller Williams. How does there referral program work for recommended inspectors. I believe they are set up like Coldwell Banker and the inspector has to pay to be on there list. I had a run a few years ago and received maybe a dozen inspections 1 year. Now maybe I receive 1 or 2 per year.

I receive 0 inspections from Coldwell and like I stated almost 0 from Keller.

Congrats on being a licensed Realtor.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.