• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are these

Re: What are these 14 years 11 months ago #12715

I think they are nailing strips for the siding so you can install the siding farther down the foundation walls

Wood in contact with concrete to install siding?  Noooo way!  No professional would do something like that!  <~~~~~  Me being facetious.   ::)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: What are these 14 years 11 months ago #12726

I am referring it

Safe At Home Inspections,Inc.
Home Inspections performed in Darien, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Woodridge, Naperville, Aurora, and surrounding areas in Illinois
www.safeathomeinspect.com

Re: What are these 14 years 11 months ago #12729

That's what I would do.  I would at least call it out as wood/concrete contact and irregular building practices and refer it out to someone else.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: What are these 14 years 11 months ago #12730

Ihave never seen those before . i am thinking they are the nailing strips but I did refer it out

Safe At Home Inspections,Inc.
Home Inspections performed in Darien, Downers Grove, Bolingbrook, Woodridge, Naperville, Aurora, and surrounding areas in Illinois
www.safeathomeinspect.com

Re: What are these 14 years 11 months ago #12861

They could be anything that you have said so far. Who knows what the person who built the place was thinking on  that day?

What ever they are/were, they serve no purpose, they are bad, and should be removed. It is an infestation issue.

Comprehensive Home & Building Inspections
www.homeinspectionsnewyork.com
URL:Comprehensive-Home-Building-EIFS-Inspections

Certified EIFS Inspector
www.eifsinspectionsnewyork.com
URL:Comprehensive-EIFS-Home-Building-Inspections

Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, Long Island
Last Edit: by Steven Turetsky.

Re: What are these 14 years 9 months ago #15414

Those are scaps of wood nailed to the inside of the form prior to the pour to string a line inside the forms to straighten the wall forms. It was not removed.

Notice how they are located just outside from the metal inside corners of the forms and outside corners.
Do it all the time, but I do not leave them in the form.  ;D

Cyr Home & Commercial Property Inspections
body text: Home and commercial property inspections across Maine, Kennebec county and all of Central Maine.
Keywords: Central Maine Home Inspectors, home inspector, commercial inspections
Meta tags:Serving all of Central Maine and surrounding areas
URL:...
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.